Holyhead

Discuss our sport, tell us where your going fishing, and then tell us what you caught.
christhoel
Regular Poster

Holyhead

Postby christhoel » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:21 pm

Im stopping in a cottage on Holyhead mountain in august can anyone give me a few pointers i know a few venues like the breakwater and many round trearddur bay and roscolyn but wondered if there was any around holyhead mountain itself that i could walk to (but not esential).
can anyone put onto to some directions to ringbolt/ranges ?
this is also a bug question for me is there a tackle shop in holyhead and if so where?
ps any help or advice will be gratefully received
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.

christhoel
Regular Poster

Re: Holyhead

Postby christhoel » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:36 pm

is it possible to fish from holyhead fish dock?
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.

davie495
Obsessed Poster

Postby davie495 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:29 pm

Dyl is your man for HH especially the breakwater

Some decent marks up there and listed in venues section (porth dafarch, conger etc, treaddur for coalies)

tellboy tackle is in HH (5 Queen St, Amlwch, Anglesey LL68 9AE), but to be honest a stop at ABC in beaumaris (Gallows Point, Beaumaris LL58 8YL) on the way through is a much better option
Stu

2018 Species:[10] Cod, Ting, Dab, Huss, LSD, Flounder, Smoothound, Garfish, Pollock, Mackerel

2017:[24]
2016:[14]

Dyl
Obsessed Poster

Postby Dyl » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:39 pm

I've fished the breakwater around 5 times this year and you never know what's going to turn up. I've always fished off the very end it's rather snag free but it's a good 1.5 mile walk I always taken my bike. The Herring are in at the moment and you should get these off the inside wall using small Sabikis. Other species I've caught off there this year include Bull Huss, Sea Trout, Wrasse, Whiting, lots of Dog fish, Smooth Hound and Mackerel. Have a look at some of my posts I'm no expert but it might help you out a little. The wrasse on the inside wall using small hooks and rag was good fun! HH has a bait shop called Winnie's Worms the post code is LL65 1RN and it just behind the high street but only used it once the lad that works there always fishes the fish docks it would be worth popping in to see him for advice and on the other venues you mentioned the shop mobile number is 07725750956.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2017 Bass 2.7lbs / S Hound 11.8lbs
2018 Huss 9.15lbs :doh:

Manofkent
Regular Poster

Postby Manofkent » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:08 pm

Winnies worms tackle shop in Holyhead

christhoel
Regular Poster

Postby christhoel » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:19 pm

thank you for the reply this is great help regarding the tackle shops .
can you no longer drive down the bw?

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:20 pm

christhoel wrote:thank you for the reply this is great help regarding the tackle shops .
can you no longer drive down the bw?

No
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound

Return to “Sea Fishing and Venue Questions”