Advice needed

Discuss our sport, tell us where your going fishing, and then tell us what you caught.
wxm
Regular Poster

Advice needed

Postby wxm » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:16 pm

I am hoping to get the chance to do some fishing next week and my disabled brother who is in a wheelchair wants to join me as he hasn't fished since he became wheelchair bound 10 years ago.

I have never fished the Mersey but having just looked at locations section priory wharf looks the best suitable.

Could I drop my brother and gear close to fishing spot then take my car to car park.

Also,I usually fish up north wales coast and Anglesey and pump bait,is there anywhere near priory wharf I could do so,if not,somewhere I could buy some bait.

Thank you in advance for any advice given,it will be greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Re: Advice needed

Postby Steve Duffy » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:49 pm

Priory Wharf can be snaggy plus its £3 or 4 to park.Another option would be to fish up to high on Harrison Dr. Lots of stair gaps in the wall to get set up in.Probably best to go to the fisherman on Laird St,Birkenhead and buy the bait you need.Black lug,sandeel,mack or bluey should see the whiting climbing up your line.
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Blue topaz
Obsessed Poster

Postby Blue topaz » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:24 pm

another option WXM is Mariners Wharf at the bullnose ( its on the Liverpool side)- easy to park, fish out the car almost and with smaller tides next week could be a decent venue for you and your mate.

good luck whatever you choose

Mike

golfer
Regular Poster

Postby golfer » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:29 pm

you could try the other side of the river at kings dock,
park on the pavement outside the keel building and you are just 10 yards from the river.
there are even bus shelters in case it rains.
fish up to high water and an hour after. tides are small next week so should be very comfortable fishing

gary
gary

wxm
Regular Poster

Postby wxm » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:08 pm

Thanks guys

Return to “Sea Fishing and Venue Questions”