Caldy & Perch Rock

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

Tom
Obsessed Poster

Caldy & Perch Rock

Postby Tom » Tue May 01, 2018 12:26 am

I put the time in recently on both sides of the Wirral

First off Friday on the flood at Caldy. Gave it a wallop right next to the boy and soon after knocked a couple of times and result came in a Plaice, a first for me at Caldy. Second rod reeled it in to a smallish Flounder another first at Caldy. Second fish a bigger Flounder. Third a double shot of Whiting. It was after this I thought go on make it 4 species, but no more fish showed

Had a short pump session and found baby flatfish

Perch Rock Monday. Turned up to the green boy feeling like the wind was going to make it tough reading bites, which was to be true but I gave it every 10 min and pulled it off. First cast was a 5B Rockling which I was surprised at, due to the conditions. Second was another 5B Rockling on the same orange beaded hooklength. Then it was a matter of Dabs by the cast, with a double shot on the last calling cast.

Caldy Monday. Arrived a bit early at Caldy not knowing what time to be there. Had a nosey to see if there was any lug casts and found a couple. The tide stormed in fiercely and I had my doubts of any flatfish to show. First cast was a double shot of Whiting. Second cast was my first landed Silver Eel!! The first unlanded Silver Eel I hooked on a crabline when I was a kid. This time result! I thought another Whiting until it came closer as a giant fish knot. Great result but took the whole session out as the thing was well tangled. Released it alive and well to live another day.

Tight lines
Whiting, Pollock, Pouting, Dab, Codling, Huss, Dogfish, Plaice, Blenny, 5B Rockling, Flounder, Silver Eel, Bass, Thornback, Starry, Common SH, Ballan, Corkwing, Rock Goby, LS Scorpion Fish, Tompot, Grey, Tub G, Launce, Mackerel, PoorCod, Weever, Cuckoo

Adam Roper
Obsessed Poster

Re: Caldy & Perch Rock

Postby Adam Roper » Tue May 01, 2018 4:51 am

Tom wrote:
Perch Rock Monday. Turned up to the green boy feeling like the wind was going to make it tough reading bites, which was to be true but I gave it every 10 min and pulled it off.

Nice result Tom you want to be careful doing that on a public beach though you will get yourself locked up :lol:
2017 Species

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Tue May 01, 2018 7:16 am

I bet you're glad you didn't pack in.Good results. :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: Don't worry about seeing bites.The fish hook themselves.When you do see movement in the tip that is the fish trying to move off.
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Tom
Obsessed Poster

Postby Tom » Tue May 01, 2018 7:50 am

Haha good find Adam :lol:

Yeah Steve, I really am pleased I wasn't stubborn. Was wondering what to do after I stopped, so started again as the guys were saying Pike!, Cod!, Tench!, Rays!, Plaice! ect.
Whiting, Pollock, Pouting, Dab, Codling, Huss, Dogfish, Plaice, Blenny, 5B Rockling, Flounder, Silver Eel, Bass, Thornback, Starry, Common SH, Ballan, Corkwing, Rock Goby, LS Scorpion Fish, Tompot, Grey, Tub G, Launce, Mackerel, PoorCod, Weever, Cuckoo

Brian900
Obsessed Poster

Postby Brian900 » Tue May 01, 2018 10:09 am

Great sessions :clap: :clap: :clap:

starfish
Obsessed Poster

Postby starfish » Tue May 01, 2018 1:43 pm

well done tom :D glad you are still fishing :thumbsup:

tatch1
Obsessed Poster

Postby tatch1 » Wed May 02, 2018 1:21 pm

Great report & photos :thumbsup: plenty variety to keep busy there well done :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”