moreton brickies

Do you have a favorite venue for Carp ,tench,bream fishing, if so then pass on as much information in this test section of WSF.
neil.price37
Obsessed Poster

moreton brickies

Postby neil.price37 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:37 am

well never thought i'd see the day but after avoiding carp fishing like the plauge for years, i decided to try it, after a few blank sessions it all came toogether the other day,using hair and safety rigs baited with some tasty smelling boilies,and tipped with either plastic (wtf) sweeetcorn or pellets and snagged these
about 5-6lb but nice colours (it thrashed when being pictured so could'nt help the fin before a smart rrse comments) and 10 mins later,
maybe a bit smaller so i tried getting a few roach and bream on the feeder (new method aswell for me)
while getting these i left my carp rod out while baiting up the spot and hopefully gaining anothers confidence and after an hour i decided to give it a bit before i left and half way through putting my feeder rod away the alarm sounded and after a good fight pulled this one in weighing in at just over 12lb not massive but my pb and first double figure freshwater fish :D
back to bass soon though :p and i can't wait but i do reckon boilies smell alot better than my sea fishing bait bucket :roll: :lol:

Richie Fisher
Obsessed Poster

Re: moreton brickies

Postby Richie Fisher » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:16 am

What a fantastic session Neil, well done mate and congratulations on the PB :clap: :clap:

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:56 am

Nice one Matey. :dance: :dance:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

thomper76
Super Poster

Postby thomper76 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:08 am

Cracking report and well done......i'm having a go myself at the carp this year had a few sessions in a local pond last few weeks but no joy..it is very pressured tho.Hopefully in a week or two when things warm up i'll snare a few,its a big learning curve had a go with the feeder rods last year and loved it had a few nice carp to 6lb but got smashed up loads so thats why ive bought the carp gear to beef things up.Will put a post up when i eventually catch one. :)

prawnster
Regular Prawn

Postby prawnster » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:11 am

Nice one Neil, is that a day ticket water or private club/syndicate fishery?
2009 Specimen Hunt Winner 8-) ... 2012 Team Prawn Crackers 8-)

neil.price37
Obsessed Poster

Postby neil.price37 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:16 pm

Day ticket is 6 quid or 50 for the year which ive got or 100 for nights but ya have to be a day member first i think ,its a well run water and actually having pike in is the best thing about it but there breeding at the mo and ignoring every bait ive put at them :(

Ozzie
I never smile !

Postby Ozzie » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:38 pm

Nice one Neil well done on the PB

DaveW
Aka Steven Spielberg

Postby DaveW » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:26 am

nice one laa, What's it to be then? Rapala J13 on the right , Tigernut boilies on the left now then ?? ;)
Good to see you enjoyed the brickies some good fish in there.

Return to “StillWater Reports”