30/05/10...Highfield Fisheries, Ash Lake.

Do you have a favorite venue for Carp ,tench,bream fishing, if so then pass on as much information in this test section of WSF.
Shacky
Team BLAS

30/05/10...Highfield Fisheries, Ash Lake.

Postby Shacky » Sun May 30, 2010 6:12 pm

This was an old venue, but a new water for me today. In all the times iv'e fished here, i have never taken a walk round Ash Lake....
All the regular faces were there when i arrived. Then i was straight into the lodge to get my bacon butty and some bait. The draw took place and i drew yet again peg 24 :shock: This seems to be my regular number at highfield. Then it was off to see my peg. there were empty pegs to my left and it was narrow between the bank and the island...

As i looked right it became very wide...

Infront of me there was at least 18 meters of water. So, the tip rod came straight out of the bag...

I also brought out the top 3 sections of my pole to fish against the insde reeds.
At the off, i soon hooked my first fish of the day, a suprise Tench. This had me on the feeder line for the next 3 hours. Which supplied me with a couple of skimmer bream and in my terms a rather large common carp...

Now, having only caught 4 fish at the island a move nearer to home was needed. The short pole was employed, which had instant results. Lot's of small fish. At least my keepnet was starting to look populated. Then i hooked a bigger fish, which proceeded to swim in circles infront of me and that meant one species...Barbel, and it was too...

With time running out i managed a few more bits and finished the match with a right mixed bag of...Carp, Crucian Carp, Tench, Bream, Roach, Perch & Barbel. My total was 17lb 12oz, nowhere near the top boys of over 30lbs...

It was a great day but very windy & cold. I enjoyed meeting up with everyone again.
Oh! BTW. Kammy never got his chicken burger. They are still running around :lol: They did a great job of finishing off my left over bait :wink:

Bens dad

Re: 30/05/10...Highfield Fisheries, Ash Lake.

Postby Bens dad » Sun May 30, 2010 8:47 pm

cracking report - cheeky little barbel there

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Sun May 30, 2010 9:49 pm

Nice one Shacky 8) Are they Spudguns hens :think:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

FishingFreakJack
English A Level Prospect

Postby FishingFreakJack » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:19 pm

nice

Return to “StillWater Reports”