18/04/10...Fir Trees...Nooky Hollow.

Do you have a favorite venue for Carp ,tench,bream fishing, if so then pass on as much information in this test section of WSF.
Shacky
Team BLAS

18/04/10...Fir Trees...Nooky Hollow.

Postby Shacky » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:04 pm

My first match and the start of a new season for me. I prefer to fish Nooky Hollow out of the waters we fish at Fir Trees. Dave came for me nice and early and we made our way to McDs for breakfast. then it was the 30min dive to the fishery at Appley Bridge. When we arrived most people were already waiting and in good spirits with lots to talk about...

The venue was packed, i had not seen so many people fish the venue. We all managed to find a parking spot...

I drew peg 13, which was devoid of nearside vegitation. Others seemed to fair better...

To my left did not look much better, but the far side seemed a better option...

I decided to fish against the far bank, which had an under-cut, this could be a fish holding area...

The inside would be if nothing else worked...

At the off i struck into a small Ghost Carp followed by my one and only Barbel of the day. I continued to fish this line for an hour, with nothing else to show, except plenty of line bites. A move to the inside brought me a Roach. Things were not looking good, it just seemed to dry up. I plugged away at the far bank, changing tactics and got a Bream.
Most of us were getting bored by the lack of fish. Then out of nowhere a duck came flying round the fishery with someones top three pole section in tow :shock: It managed a few circuits of the fishery before landing on one of the islands. That made our day, though i missed the oppertunity of a photo.
I changed tacticts again and managed to find a few Carp, by now time was running out. Time was called and i had managed to weigh 10lb 2oz. I enjoyed the day and it was good to get back on the bank...

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:30 pm

Top report Shacky. :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

bigdave
Armchair Sea Angler

Postby bigdave » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:30 pm

nice one ian

fished the same lake in feb in 8 inch's of snow and a blizzard

managed 3lb ish

If I want your opinion, I'll ask you to fill out the necessary forms.

Hooknose King/ dab King/master archer/starry smooth hound (boat) king

www.merseysideanglers.com

Whipper Snapper
Bob the Builder

Postby Whipper Snapper » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:42 pm

good fish good report nice pics :D
!!!LETS GO FISHING!!!

speies caught 2010 -

Bens dad

Postby Bens dad » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:04 pm

Get up to beacon view on Back Lane fella and bash those sturgeon - frozen prawns or ASDA POLONY PUNCHED.

FishingFreakJack
English A Level Prospect

Postby FishingFreakJack » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:05 pm

nice one

Return to “StillWater Reports”