Specimen trophy 2014 Rules

This years specimen hunt is run by Shaun1118,where the winner will receive the "virtual trophy".

Moderator: Shaun1118

Shaun1118
Sapper McMan !!!

Specimen trophy 2014 Rules

Postby Shaun1118 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:28 pm

What it's about:

The idea is to compete against your mates on the forum to see who can catch the biggest fish of each species on the list during 2014. To keep interest high I've adopted a format that will be easy for everyone to score points and continue scoring points throughout the year regardless of where you choose to fish.

How it works:

A maximum of 6 points will be awarded to a fish the scoring will work as such;
1st............................. 6pts
2nd............................ 5pts
3rd............................. 4pts
4th............................. 3pts
5th.............................. 2pts
All other qualifying fish....... 1pts

Rules

There are no species specific minimum weights however all fish must weigh at least 8 ounces.

Your largest fish of each species will count, if you submit a 8oz dab in January and then submit a 10oz Dab in May the 8oz Dab will be moved off the board.

Digital scales must be used to weigh fish and all weights will be rounded down. Most digi scales weigh in lbs-oz-dr and in 8dr increments i.e 2-5-8. Some may show the "actual drams" i.e 2-5-7 which would be rounded down to 2-5-0, 2-5-10 would be rounded down to 2-5-8

No fish will be accepted if they have been caught from a mark where access has been gained by boat/yak. This is an unfair advantage and would not be in keeping with the spirit of the competition.

Please try to make your fish pics as clear as poss however I do not wish to see fish hanging on the scales ;)

All fish submissions must be accompanied by a report in the reports section written either by yourself or someone else on that session, its doesnt need to be a essay but regular reports help keep people in the loop and its inline with the forum spirit.

Only fish caught from the coast between the Keer River (Morecambe) to River Dovey (Barmouth) will count (includes Anglesey and Holyhead).

Rule 7 Applies

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To submit a fish click the PM button Image at the bottom of this post and fill in the blanks:

Claims should be submitted to me via p.m within 1 week of capture with the following...
Species ____________
Name of captor ____________
Venue ____________
Date of capture ____________
Weight ____________
Photo of fish ____________

Any questions just ask.

morrow
Obsessed Poster

Re: Specimen trophy 2014 Rules

Postby morrow » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:49 pm

:clap:

When can we start and can anybody join in?
Species - Thornback Ray, Huss, Wrasse, Dogfish, Whiting, Mackerel, Flounder, Silver Eel, Dab, Pollock, Sea Scorpion, Common Blenny, Coalie , Rockling, Pouting, Conger Eel, Smoothound

Richie Fisher
Obsessed Poster

Postby Richie Fisher » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:56 pm

Any species? :think: Or will you provide a species list? ;)
2018 Species
Dab Codling Whiting Poor Cod Flounder Bronze Whaler Shark Spotted Gully Shark Smoothhound Lesser Sand Shark Kabeljou Steenbraas Galjoen Elephant Fish Barbell Plaice Pollock Thornie Ballan Eel Bass G Weever Palometa Bream Butterfly Ray

Shaun1118
Sapper McMan !!!

Postby Shaun1118 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:42 pm

There's no signing upto this competition Jay and anyone can join in aslong as theres a report put up 8)

Species list coming up Richie ;)

Shaun1118
Sapper McMan !!!

Postby Shaun1118 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:59 pm

The Specimen Table has been added, the only addition is dogfish, everyone is guaranteed a point now :badgrin:

To reduce complication; Anything that looks like a Bull Huss and is under 4lb is a dogfish, anything that looks like a dogfish and weighs over 4lb is a Bull Huss...... Simples

spudgun
Reel Master

Postby spudgun » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:21 pm

Sounds good Shaun. :grin:
Should keep you busy updating the tables but will keep it interesting for more members. :wink:

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
Even Mindless Violence Seems Boring Today.

Species caught this year:

Gadus morhua
Merlangius merlangus
Limanda limanda
Scyliorhinus canicula
Pthirus pubis
Chlamydia trachomatis

spudgun
Reel Master

Postby spudgun » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:25 pm

Might be able to get one on the board this year myself. Haha

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
Even Mindless Violence Seems Boring Today.

Species caught this year:

Gadus morhua
Merlangius merlangus
Limanda limanda
Scyliorhinus canicula
Pthirus pubis
Chlamydia trachomatis

Shaun1118
Sapper McMan !!!

Postby Shaun1118 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:29 pm

Thanks and Yeah, It'll keep me busy but hopefully a high turnover of points will keep things interesting 8)

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:28 pm

Nice and straight forward Shaun laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :clap:
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound ...turbot...small eyed ray

iank
Obsessed Poster

Postby iank » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:55 pm

Sounds good and simple to me :clap: :clap:

wobbler72
Obsessed Poster

Postby wobbler72 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:39 pm

Sounds good to me too Shaun (although the extra point for catching on lures this year has been handy :badgrin: )
Kev

Bigun
Obsessed Poster

Postby Bigun » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:38 pm

wobbler72 wrote:Sounds good to me too Shaun (although the extra point for catching on lures this year has been handy :badgrin: )

Kev I think there should be bonus points for fish caught on the fly not lures :badgrin: Bass, maccy , Pollock and Wrass on a fly rod and saltwater fly is my challenge this summer, now I've dug my fly gear out again.
[u]2015 Shore Species - Bass on the fly, Bass ( bait ),Mullet, whiting, dab, silver eel, Doggie, Starry Hound, Flounder,Pollock, Conger, Wrasse, Mackerel

wobbler72
Obsessed Poster

Postby wobbler72 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:02 pm

Bigun wrote:
wobbler72 wrote:Sounds good to me too Shaun (although the extra point for catching on lures this year has been handy :badgrin: )

Kev I think there should be bonus points for fish caught on the fly not lures :badgrin: Bass, maccy , Pollock and Wrass on a fly rod and saltwater fly is my challenge this summer, now I've dug my fly gear out again.

Garfish on an LRF rod was good enough but that sounds like proper fun to me :)
Kev

woody565
Super Poster

Postby woody565 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:46 pm

Nice one Sean, like the idea of this, count me in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iank
Obsessed Poster

Postby iank » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:29 am

Bigun wrote:

Wow, that could be a bit of a minefield.

What's a lure and what's a fly? If you look at trout fishing there's all sorts of rules about hook size, fly length etc. Mind you a few years ago I had bass on my own tied flies at a spot sussed out over a few days and it was great fun.

Return to “Specimen Trophy 2014”