Specimen Hunt 2013 Rules

A free to enter competition to see who can catch the biggest of most species...winner gets a virtual trophy and a packet of crisps. Spudgun is running it so if you`ve got any probs it`s his fault ha

Moderator: spudgun

spudgun
Reel Master

Specimen Hunt 2013 Rules

Postby spudgun » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:51 pm

What it's about:

The idea is to compete against your mates on the forum to see who can catch the biggest fish of each species of the year and to catch each species of fish first. In addition there are extra points up for grabs for catching fish on lures.

To enter post your name in this thread if you haven't already.

This year everyone will be competing as individuals and as part of 2 teams depending on where you live. Liverpool vs Wirral.

How it works:
The game starts from January 1st and lasts until midnight 31st December.
Points are awarded to the top 3 fish of each species in the list below.
3 points for the heaviest fish and 1 point for the lightest.
(If 2 fish weigh the same the 1st fish submitted to me via PM will ge given the higher place)

1st = 3 points
2nd = 2 points
3rd = 1 point

If 2 fish weigh the same the fish which is submitted first will take the higher position.

Only fish from the list below will be accepted equal or above the minimum weight:

Minimum Qualifying Weights:
Bass 2-8-0
Bream 1-0-0
Coalie 1-8-0
Cod 3-0-0
Conger 5-0-0
Dab 0-10-0
Flounder 1-8-0
Garfish 0-12-0
Gurnard 0-12-0
Huss 5-0-0
Mackerel 1-0-0
Mullet 1-8-0
Plaice 1-8-0
Pollack 1-8-0
Silver Eel 1-0-0
Small Eyed Ray 5-0-0
Sole 0-10-0
Spotted Ray 1-8-0
Smooth Hound 6-0-0
Thorny 6-0-0
Three Bearded Rockling 0-10-0
Tope 12-0-0
Turbot 0-10-0
Whiting 1-0-0
Wrasse 2-0-0

You also get 1 bonus point for catching a species first.
(The 1st fish submitted to me (spudgun) via PM will count as 1st caught despite the date and time it was caught)

You also get 1 bonus point for catching a species on a unbaited SINGLE lure/fly of your choice. No Strings of feathers/hokkais.

All weights will be rounded down. Most digi scales weigh in lbs-oz-dr and in 8dr increments i.e 2-5-8. Some may show the "actual drams" i.e 2-5-7 which would be rounded down to 2-5-0.
2-5-10 would be rounded down to 2-5-8

Digital scales must be used from now on and they must be held correctly i.e from the handle/Tbar

Don`t think you need to have a pic of the fish on the scales...a clear pic of the fish is enough

No fish will be accepted if they have been caught from a mark where access has been gained by boat/yak. This is an unfair advantage and would not be in keeping with the spirit of the competition.

The whole competition is based on trust so it`s up to your integrity if you want to add a few ounces here and there....you`ll only be cheating yourself :think:
Please try to make your fish pics as clear as poss :idea:

To submit a fish click the PM button Image at the bottom of this post and fill in the blanks:

To submit a fish go to this thread click the PM button Image at the bottom of the 1st post and fill in the blanks.

Claims should be submitted to me via p.m within 1 week of capture with the following...
Species ____________
Name of captor ____________
Venue ____________
Date of capture ____________
Bait used ____________
Rig used ____________
Height of tide ____________
State of tide ____________(Number of hours before/after high/low water)
Weight ____________
Photo of fish ____________

...........................................................................................................
Only fish caught from the coast between the Keer River (Morecambe) to River Dovey (Barmouth) will count (includes Anglesey and Holyhead).
............................................................................................................

Any questions just ask. :D
Even Mindless Violence Seems Boring Today.

Species caught this year:

Gadus morhua
Merlangius merlangus
Limanda limanda
Scyliorhinus canicula
Pthirus pubis
Chlamydia trachomatis

Return to “Specimen Trophy 2013”