Townhall Steps 26/10/2007

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

iain
Obsessed Poster

Townhall Steps 26/10/2007

Postby iain » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:40 pm

Went to fish the low with Paul Tucker, DaveW, Stuart S, Jags, Simon and Middo. With the river aparently full of rays hopes were high for getting some.

I was 1st in with a Dab

then Paul had a codling of 1:9:0

I had another dab,

Paul had another codling of 1:15:0

followed by a dab

Simon was fishing at the other end of the beach and had 3 dabs.

Everyone else was chatting to Les.

I had one cracking bite that came to nothing but a bitten off 50lb rig body. Stu had the same. Dave W had something 'large and agresive' on the hook but got bitten off too. Must have been a conger or 2.

Iain
Last edited by iain on Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Shaun1118
Sapper McMan !!!

Postby Shaun1118 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:45 pm

All hail cod king tucker 8) Well done lads ;)

Luke Sharpe
Regular Poster

Postby Luke Sharpe » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:51 pm

Nice one Lads :)

Maybe the 'large and agresive' one was the small Great White released from Secombe Aquarium :lol: :lol:

A good sesh anyway guys. :)

Luke.

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:04 pm

Don`t look so happy Iain...
p.s Yet again there was no mention in the fishing sessions section...it`s not good enough,there`s lads new to the game or who are stuck for lifts e.t.c who would like to get out with the more experienced lads to learn the ropes.....pull your fingers out :idea:
Species 2017...Dogfish...Dab...Whiting...flounder...Bull Huss...Thornback ray...spotted ray...Bass

Shacky
Team BLAS

Postby Shacky » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:48 pm

Great Sesh fellas :)
2017 Species... Dab, Whiting, Rockling.

Paul Tucker

errr

Postby Paul Tucker » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:30 pm

whats all that about Kev. :shock: i had asked mido, Iain, jags, Dave, Neil, Simon, and Stu. 8) so there was no need to put it up on fishing sessions. 8) and i go right out of my way to help anyone out who may need any help. 8) but i do like to fish in small groups of people. 8) so there was no need to put it up on fishing sessions, as there was enough invited already, but i will on the odd occasion do this. 8)
Last edited by Paul Tucker on Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Simon
Mooooo

Postby Simon » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:49 pm

Kev, it kinda was in the sessions forum :)

Started off as Jags and me going Perch rock and Al going down river, venue was changed last minute and it all merged into 1 party 8)

Back to the fishing though, big differance the two ends of the bank, I was getting loads of bites but not hooking. Had a few very heavy wind in's but shook off. About 30mins after low I switched to some larger hooks... looked around and half the party had buggered off ... lightweights :lol:

If anyone else goes there for a first time... dont try to cross over to the bank too close to the car park ramp... the mud is deep and sticky, you'll lose your welly and spend he rest of the day with a muddy wet foot :oops: :oops:

Good day out though kept meaning to walk down the beach and chat but time raced away (missed a good chance there to try and get some casting tips off Paul... ah well next time)

Cheers
Simon
Last edited by Simon on Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

davinski
Willy Wonka but needs a Humpalumpa

Postby davinski » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:01 pm

Nice fish lads. Good report
Codling are back eh. Time to start changing the rigs :) :) :)
Sea fishermen are born honest. But they soon get over it.

Luke Sharpe
Regular Poster

Postby Luke Sharpe » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:20 am

I know it ws changed last minute Simon, cos I turned up at Perch Rock at 4 pm and ended up fishing more or less on my own :(

Plenty of Whiting and Dabs though to keep me company :)

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:44 am

It was`nt just this session,it happens often.....you can`t force people to post where they`re going but a bit of thought could help someone to get out to places they`ve never tried or give them some help if they`re new to the game.
We`ve all benefited a lot from WSF,and i only wish i had a resource like this when i was starting out,so it`s not asking too much to put something back in ;)
Species 2017...Dogfish...Dab...Whiting...flounder...Bull Huss...Thornback ray...spotted ray...Bass

Shaun1118
Sapper McMan !!!

Postby Shaun1118 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:59 am

I started sea fishing about 2 and a half years ago and only started to use this site properly about 2 months ago, since then I have learnt how to pump lug, met loads of new people and fished venues I previously couldnt get to :D Now my brother has started to fish with me and all the information I get off you is now getting passed along to him and hes always asking when im going next :shock: Kevs right though, I may not be as experienced as you lot when it comes to fishing but I ALWAYS post sessions up when im going somewhere local and I feel its not just the job of the admins but of the users toooo ;)

Simon
Mooooo

Postby Simon » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:04 am

sorry to of missed you Luke, should of given you my mob number.

I'll PM you for next time :)

cheers
Simon

JAGS
Obsessed Poster

Postby JAGS » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:12 pm

omg whats going on here .kev you was invited to mariners the other week by ronald you never turned up.he was waiting for your reply to his pm . :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: i posted my session 4 days prior .and was glad of the invite from paul .which only meant diverting to only one mile up river .most of my replies was unables .ie ronald working ect.simon came all the way from knutsford .who followed us along .great to meet ya simon .as i only had one reply to go to the rock .and i could get a message to simon it made sense to fish the other section of the river.paul is a helpfull guy .as with the others i met .lighten up kev .ever heard of last minute fishing and pms .
http://www.buccaneersbac.com/index.php
THE BOAT ANGLING COMMUNITY
HOME OF THE SAN MIGUEL

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:34 pm

JAGS wrote:omg whats going on here .kev you was invited to mariners the other week by ronald you never turned up.he was waiting for your reply to his pm . :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: i posted my session 4 days prior .and was glad of the invite from paul .which only meant diverting to only one mile up river .most of my replies was unables .ie ronald working ect.simon came all the way from knutsford .who followed us along .great to meet ya simon .as i only had one reply to go to the rock .and i could get a message to simon it made sense to fish the other section of the river.paul is a helpfull guy .as with the others i met .lighten up kev .ever heard of last minute fishing and pms .

Get it right if you`re gunna have a go.....I posted I was fishing Mariners from 1pm til 4pm and I was there,I was not invited by anyone....i don`t reply to messages e.t.c if they`re posted late at night coz i`m up for work by 3.30am....the point is not about last minute sessions,or having to post your every move...the point is too many don`t bother saying anything,which does`nt help,but maybe some people don`t want to help anyone out....

JAGS
Obsessed Poster

Postby JAGS » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:39 pm

point taken sorry miss read a previous post. but the later part of my reply stands.
http://www.buccaneersbac.com/index.php
THE BOAT ANGLING COMMUNITY
HOME OF THE SAN MIGUEL

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”