Perch Rock.....21.10.07

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

Shacky
Team BLAS

Perch Rock.....21.10.07

Postby Shacky » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:12 pm

I arrived at the "Fort" with plenty of time and met up with Nigel to collect my new rod. Cheers Nige :D . Then i spotted the over 50s having a chat with Steven Spielburg, alias Dave W ;) ......

Sven and Kev were running the WSF match today. The signing in was done from the white van :roll: Note, the piece of wood holding the roof up ;) .....

I caught Ronald looking rather serious. Thats a first ;) .....

Then i spotted this fella :shock: As rare as catching a Bullhuss in the Mersey :lol: .....

Yep. Bluecat was back, but for how long :?:
Iain popped along for a quick flash :badgrin: . Who, got who :?:

They were all coming out of the woodwork. Even Hank made an appearance......

Being such a large turnout for the match. Kev'n'Bren added the section to the right of the Fort. So i and the over 50s headed that way. Plus a few of the younger ones. Muzz managed to escape from Urmston with his little girl. Jamie joined the over 50s :roll: and Tonylfc escaped the knitting :shock:
We started fishing. There wern't much doing. We thought Jamie was "in" but it was the dreaded bank :( .....

By low water Milly and Steve Duffy were still discussing tactics :roll: (Help The Aged) :badgrin: .....

The lads up the beach were doing no better.....

One last look for a bite :arrow: .....

Nothing :( The crabs were out if force today, my hooks were totally stripped within 10 mins.
Back at the weigh in. The mighty few managed some fish. Kev took to the scales and Bren played secretary ;) .....

It was great to meet the faces new & old. Thanks all, for a great day :D
2017 Species... Dab, Whiting, Rockling.

davinski
Willy Wonka but needs a Humpalumpa

Postby davinski » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:12 pm

So Happy in pic 2 :) :) :)
What happend in Pic 11 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sea fishermen are born honest. But they soon get over it.

davinski
Willy Wonka but needs a Humpalumpa

Postby davinski » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:20 pm

P.S good Pics :) :) :)
Sea fishermen are born honest. But they soon get over it.

Shaun1118
Sapper McMan !!!

Postby Shaun1118 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:09 pm

I was in 2 pics :lol: :lol: :lol:
They were bad, i would of took my clown suit if id of known cameras would of been about :lol: :lol: :lol:

muzz
The Punisher

Postby muzz » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:11 pm

Good report shaky.

And thanks for the lug..

Muzz

Shacky
Team BLAS

Postby Shacky » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:14 pm

Shaun1118 wrote:I was in 2 pics :lol: :lol: :lol:
They were bad, i would of took my clown suit if id of known cameras would of been about :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: You don't need a clown suit. You are well adapted now. :idea: If you fish the WSF matches..........................Be Prepared ;)

Shacky
Team BLAS

Postby Shacky » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:17 pm

muzz wrote:Good report shaky.

And thanks for the lug..

Muzz

No problem :) Thanks for the leads
BTW....One of them lead weights you gave me. Still has Urmston Anglican Church stamped on it :lol: ;)

JAGS
Obsessed Poster

Postby JAGS » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:59 pm

great pics shacky,you even got ronald with his tea cozy on :lol: :lol: :lol: great to meet some of the faces. fishing poor. but a great turn out
http://www.buccaneersbac.com/index.php
THE BOAT ANGLING COMMUNITY
HOME OF THE SAN MIGUEL

Paul Tucker

Postby Paul Tucker » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:09 pm

JAGS wrote:great pics shacky,you even got ronald with his tea cozy on :lol: :lol: :lol: great to meet some of the faces. fishing poor. but a great turn out

fishing was poor.
Last edited by Paul Tucker on Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

midlifecrisis
Obsessed Poster

No Fish?

Postby midlifecrisis » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:35 pm

I wanted so much to come today, but had geezers doing the fence and garden and had to stop home. No fish...none.. :?:

Why?

Weather related? It seemed a calm , nice day.

Steven
Sea : Whiting, Mackerel,Crabs ( lots of them), Silver Eel

Course : Mirror Carp, Crucian Carp, Orfe, Koi,Rudd, Roach, Perch,Dace,Common Eel,Rainbow Trout, Brown Trout,Grayling, Seatrout, Tench, Common Carp and Gudgeon

Paul Tucker

wrong

Postby Paul Tucker » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:50 pm

wrong tide. ;) the channel was to far out. ;) so fishing was going to be scratchy from the start, :roll: and it would suit people who can cast 200 yards. :roll: not giveing the avrage joe a hope in hell. ;)

midlifecrisis
Obsessed Poster

Re: wrong

Postby midlifecrisis » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:53 pm

Paul Tucker wrote:wrong tide. ;) the channel was to far out. ;) so fishing was going to be scratchy from the start, :roll: and it would suit people who can cast 200 yards. :roll: not giveing the avrage joe a hope in hell. ;)

Jen (the wife) just said, there you didnt miss much... :!:
Thanks Paul Re the explaination.

It would have still been nice to have a met a few of you. They'll be a nxt time I guess.

My casts are limmited to a few have decent ones and then as my cracked vertibrae kick in, very near ones. I cant cast very far.

Steven
Sea : Whiting, Mackerel,Crabs ( lots of them), Silver Eel

Course : Mirror Carp, Crucian Carp, Orfe, Koi,Rudd, Roach, Perch,Dace,Common Eel,Rainbow Trout, Brown Trout,Grayling, Seatrout, Tench, Common Carp and Gudgeon

Paul Tucker

u

Postby Paul Tucker » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:01 am

you should be ok for the next one, town hall stepps. :D you can beat us all, too the hot spot with your tramper. ;) you dont have to cast far there, ;) and you might get a dab and a whiting, 8)

Shaun1118
Sapper McMan !!!

Postby Shaun1118 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:51 am

midlifecrisis wrote:
Paul Tucker wrote:wrong tide. ;) the channel was to far out. ;) so fishing was going to be scratchy from the start, :roll: and it would suit people who can cast 200 yards. :roll: not giveing the avrage joe a hope in hell. ;)

Jen (the wife) just said, there you didnt miss much... :!:
Thanks Paul Re the explaination.

It would have still been nice to have a met a few of you. They'll be a nxt time I guess.

My casts are limmited to a few have decent ones and then as my cracked vertibrae kick in, very near ones. I cant cast very far.

Steven

You dont have to cast very far at otterspool and you get whiting and codling fairly close in(well when the weather gets a tad colder) :idea:

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:56 am

Anyone got any sugar for Tucker to help get the taste of sour grapes out of his mouth :?:
Species 2017...Dogfish...Dab...Whiting...flounder...Bull Huss...Thornback ray...spotted ray...Bass

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”