Porth Dafarch + The Sea Zoo 13 Sept

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

MrMikey
Super Poster

Porth Dafarch + The Sea Zoo 13 Sept

Postby MrMikey » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:45 pm

I have been fishing around Trearddur Bay for nigh on forty years now and I'm totally sick of catching wrasse. So, I have bought some decent rods, reels and have been learning all the tricks of the trade from this site. Today was the first go at getting something other than wrasse and hopefully the fish I have waited all my life for... a bass.

We got to Porth Dafarch about 1 1/2 before high and there wasnt a breath of wind apart from all the puffin and pantin my mate was doing after the walk and climb down to the rocks.

Full of high hopes and expectations we started with fresh rag, frozen lug, squid and frozeb sand eel. Bob was first on after 20 mins with this pollack.

Bob about to drown his pet rag that he nick named "Anna Conda"

After another half hour I got a solid knock and the thing went to ground 3 times, took about 10/15 mins to get it out of the rocks and ashore. You guessed it, another damn wrasse. The only good thing was that it was a reasonable size.

We carried on fishing till an hour after the slack but nothing was doing so moved down to the back of the Sea Zoo. Via a pub.

Neither of us had fished this venue before and turned up in jeans and trainers. Thinking of the old addage "no pain, no gain" we rolled up the jeans and waded through the slime. Bob being slightly more "portly" than I vanished from the knee caps down at one point but we got out far enough to almost hit the channel.

After just 10 mins I got a good knock and finally .christmas and my birthday rolled into one, I got my first bass.

Immediatley followed by this one.

I know there not very big but I was buzzin, waited a long time for this. It went quite after that as it was just about on the slack by then.

So all in all a great day out and cant wait to do the same venue again (with waders!)

Mikey

Shacky
Team BLAS

Postby Shacky » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:51 pm

Nice one fellas :)
Congrats on your first Silvers 8)
2017 Species Hunt....Dab, Whiting, Rockling, Plaice, Flounder, Dogfish, Bass, Tope, Sole, Tub Gurnard, Turbot.

allen
Obsessed Poster

Postby allen » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:51 pm

Well in Mikey... :D There's nothing quite like your first Bass. :D :D :D
2007 species: (26)Codling,Whiting,Dab,Flounder,Silver Eel L S D, Twaite Shad Pollock,Herring,Coalfish,Ballan, Corkwing,Sea Scorpion,Poor Cod,Pouting,Dover Sole,Rockling (5b),Mackerel,Scad ,Launce,Goby,BASS,conger,Plaice,Tompot Blenny,Common Blenny

svenbren
tope hunter

Postby svenbren » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:54 pm

;) good on you girls . looked listen and learned job well done ;)
do you need a scaffold i can supply and erect tube and fitting/mobile fixed pasma scaffolds

Simon
Mooooo

Postby Simon » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:59 pm

Well in Mikey 8)

Congrats on your first bass and that looks like a top fishing mark.

cheers
Simon

davinski
Willy Wonka but needs a Humpalumpa

Postby davinski » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:07 pm

Nice W/B/ass Have you tried the conning tower Go right to to end of the bay towards the caravan park (it reaches a dead end). You will see a rock formation sticking up from the water (like a submarine conning tower) Fish either side depending on which the tide is flowing. Good range of fish there.
Maybe even a Bass

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:15 am

Well done ladies.....don`t you love it when a plan comes together 8)
Species 2017...Dogfish...Dab...Whiting...flounder...Bull Huss.....smut.....Thornback ray...spotted ray...Bass

moan it in mid
Les Dawson

Postby moan it in mid » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:54 am

great report and pics mate :D and well done on your first bass :D ;)
the real starry and common boat king
If you want me - I am on the bank !!! :-)

Lee the chef
Super Poster

Postby Lee the chef » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:15 pm

well in, its a great feeling getting your first.
2007 Species - (22) Bass, Dab, Flounder, Thornback Ray, Black Bream, Silver Eel, Codling , Cod, Rockling, Coalfish, Whiting, Dogfish, Conger eel, Pouting, Pollack, Poor Cod, Mackeral, Herring, Goby, Ballan Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Launce.

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”