Caldy 19/07/2007

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Caldy 19/07/2007

Postby Steve Duffy » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:43 pm

Paid a visit to Caldy today with DaveW.Hopes were high as recent reports indicated that the flounders had returned in numbers.

Dave gets ready..........I think :lol: :lol:

Dave setting up properly this time.....Honest :lol:

Make sure you've got your slippers with you as the mud is as muddy as it could be in a free mud shop.

This cheeky chappie set out from the wirral side and trawled the welsh channel all day( c*ap picture I know but the trawler is just up from the rock in the center.)

We fished upto and over high water and had 5 flounders between us on crab,rag and mackeral,using 2 hooker flapper rigs.

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

moan it in mid
Les Dawson

Postby moan it in mid » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:12 pm

nice one girls :D don't understand what is happening with the trawlers thought they had been banned :evil: the law is a joke :evil:
the real starry and common boat king
If you want me - I am on the bank !!! :-)

Paul Tucker

shook

Postby Paul Tucker » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:33 pm

nice one steve and dave. :D look's like that trip away has given u the fishing bug again steve. 8) 2 report's in 2 week's 8)

svenbren
tope hunter

Postby svenbren » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:02 pm

;) flattie basher ste :lol: :lol: well done lads
do you need a scaffold i can supply and erect tube and fitting/mobile fixed pasma scaffolds

allen
Obsessed Poster

Postby allen » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:04 pm

Well done Ste and Dave. :lol: :lol:
2007 species: (26)Codling,Whiting,Dab,Flounder,Silver Eel L S D, Twaite Shad Pollock,Herring,Coalfish,Ballan, Corkwing,Sea Scorpion,Poor Cod,Pouting,Dover Sole,Rockling (5b),Mackerel,Scad ,Launce,Goby,BASS,conger,Plaice,Tompot Blenny,Common Blenny

Lee the chef
Super Poster

Postby Lee the chef » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:35 pm

well in there lads, i tried Formby again but no luck this time :cry:
2007 Species - (22) Bass, Dab, Flounder, Thornback Ray, Black Bream, Silver Eel, Codling , Cod, Rockling, Coalfish, Whiting, Dogfish, Conger eel, Pouting, Pollack, Poor Cod, Mackeral, Herring, Goby, Ballan Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Launce.

mossy the blue
Obsessed Poster

Postby mossy the blue » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:33 pm

i guess thats answered the question about the ba....d trawlers, but well done on some nice fish :lol: ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mossy The blue

Big Hitter
Super Poster

Postby Big Hitter » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:01 pm

Good report fellas but when are the powers that be gonna realise that trawling inland esturies is doing no good to fish stocks. Most esturies are breeding grounds for fish. If it carries on in the dee it will destroy it.

gmonkman
Obsessed Poster

Postby gmonkman » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:16 pm

The arnt allowed to trawl that channel 3 hours either side of low. If that was 3 hours either side of low, then email or contact defra. They cant police the waters all the time (well any of the time :( ) but rely on people to report to alert them to trouble spots.
Make a difference - take home 1 piece of someone's angling litter next time you are out fishing.

Big Hitter
Super Poster

Postby Big Hitter » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:17 pm

I fished a match today at otterspool and fished next to mike flynn, he is our welsh international team manager and i mentioned the above report and the trawler and he told me that there is meant to be someone patrolling the dee to stop these money hungry vultures from trawling it.

dave_ord
Super Poster

Postby dave_ord » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:17 am

Good report nice to see you and Dave getting out a bit more, but your right Mr Duff your picture of the trawler is c..p :lol: nice shot of the rock though :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
Not another learner.................

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”