dinas 14.7.07

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

lee1317
The Invisible Man

dinas 14.7.07

Postby lee1317 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:21 pm

decided on dinas saturday night as the weather was right and the tides were spot on 8) low water at the free bait shop resulted in not a lot of crabs :( :( so we decided not to waste anymore time and head off to the free lug shop 8) 8) the beach looked like it had been bombed by the luftwaffe :lol: :lol: :lol: after me and bren had finished :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
time for a pint in the dinas pub as we were spitting feathers 8) then off for a big dirty keeeeebabbb 8) then off to dinas
arrived at the chosen spot ;) and there was a lad and a girl there on there own,had a quick chat then moved 30yrds to there right and set up
the weed was being a right bitch :evil: :evil: but we saw our neighbours haul a schollie bass in 8) 1 hour before low so things were looking good 8)
no bites in the first 3/4 hour :( :( bren started to relax :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
then the rod started bouncing 8) 8) fish on,actully 2 fish on 8) 8)
it was high water now and the weed had gone and the bass were here 8)
a totaly mad half hour ensude :lol: :lol: .......................well for some of us :lol: :lol: bren was catching bass every 5 minutes i was taking photos every errrrrrrrrr 5 minutes :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
then my rod bounced round :shock: top bass bite :D
turned out to be a dog fish :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
bren has video footage :roll: :roll:
the bass just keep comming
and comming :roll: :roll: :roll:
is there no stopping this man :lol: :lol:
then my rod goes again :p :p please please please let it be a bass :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: a pin bass :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: as you can tell by the look, i needed that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
billy bass man snares the last one of the night 8) then it just switches off like a light :roll: :roll: no more bites time to head back,walked back over to see how the neighbours had got on :lol: :lol: then the penny dropped,we know you ,your bren and lee off WSF :shock: :shock: nice to meet you graham AKA (gmonkman) and girl freind ;) ;)
Image BISH BASH BOSH IVE HAD ENOUGH
latex it's the future

moan it in mid
Les Dawson

Postby moan it in mid » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:09 pm

well in chaps :D great report and sesh :D ;)
the real starry and common boat king
If you want me - I am on the bank !!! :-)

Paul Tucker

well

Postby Paul Tucker » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:08 am

well done there, 8) lee i think sven is using a secret bait, ;) and he is just not telling u. :lol: :lol: :lol:

gmonkman
Obsessed Poster

Postby gmonkman » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:52 am

Aye was a good night and nice to meet you both. We didnt do quite as well. A couple of schoolies and an eel. First bass ever for gf though. I'm trying to ween her off the mackeral bashing as her No1 fave fishing.

Appreciate you keeping stum about my bells though ... oops. ;)

Seems to be that (as per advice) simple lug worm v close in (no more than 30 yards) is the way to go. I didnt get anything on large lug cocktails on pennel fish a little further out.
Make a difference - take home 1 piece of someone's angling litter next time you are out fishing.

tingw888
Regular Poster

Postby tingw888 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:19 am

Nice one boys. Great report. Some nice fish there.

Might give Dinas a go this weekend...
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

Lee the chef
Obsessed Poster

Postby Lee the chef » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:32 am

nice fish there well done!!
2007 Species - (22) Bass, Dab, Flounder, Thornback Ray, Black Bream, Silver Eel, Codling , Cod, Rockling, Coalfish, Whiting, Dogfish, Conger eel, Pouting, Pollack, Poor Cod, Mackeral, Herring, Goby, Ballan Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Launce.

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:39 am

tingw888 wrote:Nice one boys. Great report. Some nice fish there.

Might give Dinas a go this weekend...

You`re knackered with the tides this weekend....really need 29ft+ (Liverpool Heights)...it`s changed over the last couple of years at Dinas...as ever,you can only really start fishing an hour before high,as even if it`s flat calm you`ll get slaughtered by weed....the silver bullets (most around the 1lb mark,but some up to 3lb) don`t feed until in to the ebb,but then it can be hectic.I`ve still been catching 2 1/2 hours after high..it`s a case of casting short,but if the bites stop blast it out to the other side of the gully to contact them again.....if you don`t get bites in 10 mins,then alter your distance...the bass are in and out like a fiddlers elbow :lol: the stamp of fish may be small,but the bites are so aggresive...it`s a buzz 8)
Species 2017...Dogfish...Dab...Whiting...flounder...Bull Huss...Thornback ray...spotted ray...Bass

DaveW
Aka Steven Spielberg

Postby DaveW » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:44 am

Nice fish ladies... you missed a cracking FIRE..! :)

lee1317
The Invisible Man

Postby lee1317 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:39 pm

seen the picture dave :lol: :lol: :lol: think we need a good fire at dinas :roll: :roll: the amount of rope and netting from the trawlers was a total joke :evil: :evil: i seen 2 stella bottles that still had labels on so they aint been in the sea,but the rest was a joke :roll: there was easy a ton of rope and netting :evil: these bastids are not only raping the sea they are dumping tons of sheiyte in there too :roll: :roll:

latex it's the future

summerfisher
Regular Poster

Postby summerfisher » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:43 pm

Well in sven and lee a shedload of bling bars there. :D

svenbren
tope hunter

Postby svenbren » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:50 pm

gmonkman wrote:Aye was a good night and nice to meet you both. We didnt do quite as well. A couple of schoolies and an eel. First bass ever for gf though. I'm trying to ween her off the mackeral bashing as her No1 fave fishing.

Appreciate you keeping stum about my bells though ... oops. ;)

Seems to be that (as per advice) simple lug worm v close in (no more than 30 yards) is the way to go. I didnt get anything on large lug cocktails on pennel fish a little further out.

;) gonkman i hope you have thrown them bells away because you will get alot of stick if i see them on your rods again its a deffo no.no. for bells or you will be classed as a noddy ;) noddygonkman will be your name and names seem to stick for a long time on this website :lol: ask milly
do you need a scaffold i can supply and erect tube and fitting/mobile fixed pasma scaffolds

lee1317
The Invisible Man

Postby lee1317 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:56 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: i forgot about the bell :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

latex it's the future

Paul Tucker

ha

Postby Paul Tucker » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:42 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: noddy :lol: :lol:

tingw888
Regular Poster

Postby tingw888 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:20 pm

Big Kev wrote:You`re knackered with the tides this weekend....really need 29ft+ (Liverpool Heights)...it`s changed over the last couple of years at Dinas...as ever,you can only really start fishing an hour before high,as even if it`s flat calm you`ll get slaughtered by weed....

I'll be visiting the folks in Bangor anyway. Just haven't decided where to fish, Anglesey or the Lleyn. Suppose I'll wait and see which way the wind blows.....so to speak :lol:
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

allen
Obsessed Poster

Postby allen » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:45 pm

Whatever you do, don't rely on Metcheck. :roll: :roll:
2007 species: (26)Codling,Whiting,Dab,Flounder,Silver Eel L S D, Twaite Shad Pollock,Herring,Coalfish,Ballan, Corkwing,Sea Scorpion,Poor Cod,Pouting,Dover Sole,Rockling (5b),Mackerel,Scad ,Launce,Goby,BASS,conger,Plaice,Tompot Blenny,Common Blenny

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”