the bank 9.6.07

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

moan it in mid
Les Dawson

the bank 9.6.07

Postby moan it in mid » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:55 am

decided to fish the bank today :D with tony LFC we met up on harrison dr. got are gear together and made are way down to the gully :D the sea was as flat as the proverbalbe whitches thingy :lol: :lol: we crossed and made the long walk and got set up :D

all that beach and we were there on our own :roll: :D tony waiting for his first knock of the day :D

we had to wait at least 1 1/2 hours before anything happened :roll: l was first in with a small thorny 1lb 13oz :D

not long after it was my turn again :D a dab then a whiting :D

next was a tub gurnard 1lb 6oz my PB :D

another whiting was next and then a slight knock and a little rattle :D and out came this :D what l've been told after asking as many people as l could my first ever 3lb of beautiful tope :D

look at the teeth on this little chap :D

tony had a terrible day with not a single knock :( we fished the same baits and rigs and where only 20 feet apart just wasn't his day :( tony packed up a little earlier than me and after he left l had a flounder :D

another great day for me on the bank :D not so good for tony but we had a good laugh :D have to admit the walk nearly killed me :( but it was worth it in the end :D oh and l also caught a sun tan :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Last edited by moan it in mid on Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
the real starry and common boat king
If you want me - I am on the bank !!! :-)

neil.price37
Obsessed Poster

Postby neil.price37 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:46 am

well in mid on a a shore tope :shock: and a pb gurnard 8) what bait did the tope take :?: unlucky tony :? ;)

moan it in mid
Les Dawson

Postby moan it in mid » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:52 am

was using sand eel and peeler not sure l was to excited to look :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

powershandyman

Postby powershandyman » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:40 am

How did you manage to fish next october already 9.10.07: :?: :lol: : Nice tope btw :!: :!: What Rigs were you using? Hows the algae there now :?: I blanked here 01/06/07 :oops: .

moan it in mid
Les Dawson

Postby moan it in mid » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:45 am

powershandyman wrote:How did you manage to fish next october already 9.10.07: :?: :lol: : Nice tope btw :!: :!: What Rigs were you using? Hows the algae there now :?: I blanked here 01/06/07 :oops: .

what do you mean 9.10.07 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: clipped up trace the algea has all but gone its a sort of brown colour now and laying on the bottom :D ;)

powershandyman

Postby powershandyman » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:50 am

How odd :!: the dates mysteriously changed :? :? :? :? I must be going out of my mind :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ta for info :D

frankie lfc
Regular Poster

Postby frankie lfc » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:04 am

nice report 8)

allen
Obsessed Poster

Postby allen » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:20 am

Well done Al M8. Excellent :) :)
2007 species: (26)Codling,Whiting,Dab,Flounder,Silver Eel L S D, Twaite Shad Pollock,Herring,Coalfish,Ballan, Corkwing,Sea Scorpion,Poor Cod,Pouting,Dover Sole,Rockling (5b),Mackerel,Scad ,Launce,Goby,BASS,conger,Plaice,Tompot Blenny,Common Blenny

DaveW
Aka Steven Spielberg

Postby DaveW » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:43 pm

Nice one Al.. ;)

Paul Tucker

spot

Postby Paul Tucker » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:13 pm

spot on mido a nice tope there larrrrr :D that will be the first tope from that mark i have heard of ;) good stuff. 8)

svenbren
tope hunter

Postby svenbren » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:08 pm

sorry mido but still say it aint a tope m8 i looked it up and the closest i got to the young fish is a blue which i realy hope it is :D well made up for you :D :D not everyone thinks of identifying blues oh its a tope most think look again prove me wrong ;)
do you need a scaffold i can supply and erect tube and fitting/mobile fixed pasma scaffolds

moan it in mid
Les Dawson

Postby moan it in mid » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:24 pm

a blue :shock: or a tope :D would really like to know which it is :D but what ever it is it's not going to get me 10points in the spieces hunt :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

svenbren
tope hunter

Postby svenbren » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:10 pm

* Pectoral fins very long, narrow, pointed
* Caudal fin nonlunate
* Body slender
* Snout rounded, long
* Color dark blue above,(silver in young) bright blue with metallic hues on sides, white underside
* First dorsal fin closer to pelvic fins than to pectoral fins

do you need a scaffold i can supply and erect tube and fitting/mobile fixed pasma scaffolds

DaveW
Aka Steven Spielberg

Postby DaveW » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:25 pm

It's a Tope. Dorsal fin does not run paralell with pelvic fin as it does with blues. Caudal fin is wrong shape also....i'd reckon its a Plaice.. ;)

Paul Tucker

blue

Postby Paul Tucker » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:36 pm

A blue :?: i think u may have 8) your going to have to get it checked out, if it is, u have had a once in a life time fish there. ;) :D Try asking liverpool uni. :?:

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”