a weekend in wales boyo

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

lee1317
The Invisible Man

a weekend in wales boyo

Postby lee1317 » Tue May 29, 2007 8:03 pm

me and bren headed to darkest wales on friday night till monday 8) weather was fine and sunny all weekend :D as per usual nobody turned up :roll: :roll: so after breakie we shot out on the boat on a tope mission :D
spent to much time getting the mackie bait :evil: :evil: after 2 wasted hours we hit a massive big shoal 8) off to the tope mark.fished the mark for 4 hours but nothing showing on the tope rigs :( think we missed them, bren had a huss on the last chuck about 8-9 lb could'nt be arised weighing it :lol: :lol: :lol:
sunday came and the forcast was for heavey rain and strong northerly winds so the boat was out :roll: :roll: the only place of any shelter would be that old favorite uchmynydd 8) 8) armed with the mackie from yesterdays session we headed off about 4pm.we only had 1 small shower so they had got the weather wrong again :roll: :roll:
i was going for big baits,conger and huss was the target for me,bren was using some crab to snare a wrasse or pollock before he set up his conger gear.
first fish out was this nice 2-9-0 wrasse 8)
next was a slightly smaller one of 2-3-0 8)
then bren's rod nearly doubled over, he managed to get it off the bottom before he hit a snag :roll: :roll: he left it for a minute then had another go to see if it had freed it's self 8) 8) finaly got this little bute in 8) 8) a cracking 3-7-8 wrasse 8) nice 1 m8 ;)
a 1-6-8 pollock was the last fish of the night
i had one bite on the conger rod which was'nt a conger :roll: :roll: resulted in nowt, bren had the same results on the conger gear :( the swell started kicking up by now so we sacked it and got stoned :lol: :lol: :lol:
last but not least HAPPY BIRTHDAY again bren ;)
Image BISH BASH BOSH IVE HAD ENOUGH
latex it's the future

svenbren
tope hunter

Postby svenbren » Tue May 29, 2007 8:09 pm

;) thanks lee that southern comfort went down to well :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
do you need a scaffold i can supply and erect tube and fitting/mobile fixed pasma scaffolds

Paul Tucker

nice

Postby Paul Tucker » Tue May 29, 2007 8:21 pm

nice sesh there lads :D one nice wrasse there. 8) well done.

moan it in mid
Les Dawson

Postby moan it in mid » Tue May 29, 2007 8:23 pm

nice one lads :D some great fish there :D and happy birthday bren :D ;)
the real starry and common boat king
If you want me - I am on the bank !!! :-)

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Tue May 29, 2007 8:40 pm

Nice one lads 8) Hope you've saved some titty nipple for Ireland :D. 8 of this shift left then look out Ireland. 8)
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

kenny101265
Obsessed Poster

Postby kenny101265 » Tue May 29, 2007 9:23 pm

Good report lads Some cracking Wrasse ;) ;)
LES AKA KENNY101265
2008 Species so far, Pike, Pollock, Dogfish, Dab

Lee the chef
Super Poster

Postby Lee the chef » Tue May 29, 2007 9:32 pm

well in some nice fish there shame the tope wernt playing out. good job really incase it wanted another fight wiv sven :badgrin: :badgrin:
2007 Species - (22) Bass, Dab, Flounder, Thornback Ray, Black Bream, Silver Eel, Codling , Cod, Rockling, Coalfish, Whiting, Dogfish, Conger eel, Pouting, Pollack, Poor Cod, Mackeral, Herring, Goby, Ballan Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Launce.

svenbren
tope hunter

Postby svenbren » Tue May 29, 2007 9:37 pm

Lee the chef wrote:well in some nice fish there shame the tope wernt playing out. good job really incase it wanted another fight wiv sven :badgrin: :badgrin:

;) i looking for its great grandma lee believe she packs a mean punch :D :D
do you need a scaffold i can supply and erect tube and fitting/mobile fixed pasma scaffolds

allen
Obsessed Poster

Postby allen » Tue May 29, 2007 10:42 pm

Crackin' Wrasse Bren. I am well jealous :evil: Happy birthday and good luck in the land of Guinness M8 :) :)
2007 species: (26)Codling,Whiting,Dab,Flounder,Silver Eel L S D, Twaite Shad Pollock,Herring,Coalfish,Ballan, Corkwing,Sea Scorpion,Poor Cod,Pouting,Dover Sole,Rockling (5b),Mackerel,Scad ,Launce,Goby,BASS,conger,Plaice,Tompot Blenny,Common Blenny

DaveW
Aka Steven Spielberg

Postby DaveW » Wed May 30, 2007 3:03 am

Crackin' Ballan Bren, nice one. ;)

Chris_06
Regular Poster

Postby Chris_06 » Wed May 30, 2007 8:58 am

Bet that wrasse put a bend in your rod sven 8) , nice one setin your rod down and letting it un snag it self, dont reckn many would have done ;)
2007 Species - Rough Dab, Flounder, Whiting, Codling, Dog Fish, Pollack, Mackeral

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Wed May 30, 2007 11:16 am

Crackin bell end Sven laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa 8)
Species 2017...Dogfish...Dab...Whiting...flounder...Bull Huss.....smut.....Thornback ray...spotted ray...Bass

neil.price37
Obsessed Poster

Postby neil.price37 » Wed May 30, 2007 12:02 pm

nice wrasse sven 8) :D

svenbren
tope hunter

Postby svenbren » Wed May 30, 2007 5:40 pm

allen wrote:Crackin' Wrasse Bren. I am well jealous :evil: Happy birthday and good luck in the land of Guinness M8 :) :)

;) yea thought yours was going to be hard to beat allen but pma does the trick ;) :D

Bet that wrasse put a bend in your rod sven Cool , nice one setin your rod down and letting it un snag it self, dont reckn many would have done Wink
it did chris just knew it was a good fish put rod down hoping it would dive for its hole once more unlucky for the fish it did
;) :D

cheers laa,s ;)
milly dont get to jealous m8 ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shacky
Team BLAS

Postby Shacky » Wed May 30, 2007 6:48 pm

Nice one Bren :D
2017 Species Hunt....Dab, Whiting, Rockling, Plaice, Flounder, Dogfish, Bass, Tope, Sole, Tub Gurnard, Turbot.

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”