welsh tour

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

svenbren
tope hunter

welsh tour

Postby svenbren » Tue May 08, 2007 8:01 pm

me lee got to caravan late friday night set base camp up kettle on and early night to bed was called for because we had to be up for 5am to get our bait from the free peeler shop ;)

5.45 (:roll: we overslept a little) :lol: off to the peeler shop armed with our buckets and claws was hard going but we got enough to see us through the weekend the sun came out to play for 8.30am come on sven we got a date with a tope weather looks good for the boat today its going tits up tomorow he says :roll: so back to the van full english was our breakie ;) you all seen the pics of my cooked breaky ;)

while i set up the boat lee put the awning up ;) just in case we had some visitors for the tour. put the main fridge on to be ready for our macky for when we get back for bait for the week :D

right off we go macky was a little scarce i said we will drift for our bait we got a few hrs to spare before the tope come through was about right because when we finished drifting we were near our hot spot :D

we decided to put 2 rods each out i was going for tope on one rod and smoothhounds on the other but all i kept getting was dogfish but never hooked into them they just hung onto the bait till you lifted them up out the water give them a shake and they just fell off :lol: :lol: great self unhooking dogfish :lol:

lee got bored to with his other rod (dogfish) so we just sat and waited with only two rods out with good fresh bait on when lee,s reel started to scream off taking line :D :D tope run hit it laa he did but not hooked :cry:his bait was well bitten in half. well our hopes were well up now after that
time for a cig just about to light it when my reel screamed off like it was caught onto the back speedboat :shock: i struck into it and soon as it felt resistance it was off again taking another 100yrds of line off my reel lucky for me it went straight out to sea not towards my anchor after a few minutes i started to gain line back on my reel and the power of the fish was fantastic it was giving me the best fight i ever had with a fish it went left and right taking line off the reel once more even though i had tightend it up a few more poundage :shock: it was going towards my anchor rope now at this time i was sure i was going to lose it but quick thinking i pulled my rod down towards my anchor so the fish felt me pulling it towards it(like in coarse fishing when a fish heads for weeds) then it turned away so fast and out to sea again phwoo its getting tierd now i can get line back onto my reel slowly reeling in :D more line onto the reel :D i is looking down to sea were is it still cant see it yet but all of a sudden another sharp pull and off goes line from my reel only about 50yrds this time must of seen the boat thats why it ran one last time :D i gaining line now easy but still cant see the fish :shock: untill i see a very large dark shaddow coming closer and a voice behind me said we going to need a bigger boat
so true was my reply when i first laid eyes on the beauty :shock: if i put this in the boat it going to thrash like a wild bull in a china shop but i was wrong when aboard it was so placid it was easy to sort the fish out very quickly must of been the weight of it out of water resticting its movement
quick measure a few pics and it was back into the water i held it uptide for a while till it started to get it breathback :shock: its tail gave a masive kick so i release it and it swam off into the deep.
:D :D :D i fell back into my chair with my heart pounding and lit my cig mmmm .
and this was the beauty

weight was 54lb 8oz
after a few more casts the weather turned for the worst and we headed back in hoping to return on a calmer day
back to the van we had a special kebbab and a few cans to celebrate our capture of a good fish even though we were going fishing later on for the silverbars this never happend :lol: :lol: falling asleep we were woken up by a loud alright laa,s whats happening big kev turned up early sunday morning 8am with the biggest chocolate cake i ever saw :shock: :D :D
he had been down to the free crab shop with little left on the shelf so he decided to dig for some blow got about twenty before is life time garrenteed spade decided to become in two pieces :lol: :lol:
cup of coffee bacon butties and a talk on were we going to fish weather was windy kev wanted to go fish barnmouth bridge on the night tide we had enough peeler for all of us so the venue was decided fish phwelli for a few hrs then go on to barnmouth for the silverbars
we met up with jamie at phwelli he had been fishing a few hrs caught a few schoolies he spent a good hr talking to us before he had to go home to the :lol: buggers was his words not mine :lol:
me/kev/lee decided to throw a line out at the channel entrance but every cast there was weed just pulling our leads out constantly so quick conversatation and it was decided in seconds get down to barnmouth have a beer or two have a kebbab before we hit the bridge into town we went 1st pub beer nice next pub beer was better so we had a few in there before hunger took over kebbab anyone yes why not chaps so off we went out the pub to this chippy
the service was distgusting and the price of it was even worst kebbab and chips this is your kebbab
advise you if you do go to barnmouth use this chippy at your own choice me/lee threw our chips away because they to were distgusting
well got to the van to get change to go hunting for the silverbars but 1st before you put your gear on you know your going to want to pee so nature calls kev decided to leave it in his trousers whilst havin a pee
:lol: :lol:

3pints and his anyones :lol: :lol:
well off we walked onto the bridge set up and 1st in was kev silverbars i have not got the pics kev as them after a few more casts kev had 4 more biggest was 1lb 12oz i think he will correct me
then lee his first ever shore caught bass 12oz get in there me i was carrying the dropnet and you know what happens too whoever carries it yes you guess it les dawson last cast lee brought in a double header of a dogfish and a silverbar nice well the crab was getting very low tierdness was setting in and a fair old drive back time to go so off we headed back to base to take the micky out of me for blanking :evil: :evil:
morning came and we decided to go for the rays at tycros load up with sandeel from the tackle shop and take a few macky out of our bait fridge and off we went good job we took our macky no sandeel in the tackle shop so we fish with macky weather was grim me kev was getting soaked from the waves crashing up against the rocks and all we heard was lee laughing saying i is very comfy here till a big wave came from the back of us drowning me/kev/lee and all our tackle we stuck it out hoping for the sun to dry us off but it never came out to play fish caught was doggies no rays so back to base for lee/kev. me :cry: had to drive back for work but will be down there on friday to finish off the tour :D :D

;) the correct way to weigh sharks is measure the fish from snout to tail tip and then measure its girth just behind its pectral fins then do the maths

example

lenth 64inches
girth 26inches

this is the sum you do

lenth 64 x girth 26 x girth 26 again then divide by 800 =54.08
do you need a scaffold i can supply and erect tube and fitting/mobile fixed pasma scaffolds

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Tue May 08, 2007 8:28 pm

Great report Bren.Have to cover shifts for a sick Biatch otherwise I would have been down on Thurs :(
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Elmagnifico
I wish I was a badger.

Postby Elmagnifico » Tue May 08, 2007 8:58 pm

Topetastic

Jamie
Work when I want,if I want.

Postby Jamie » Tue May 08, 2007 9:13 pm

aye sven was right i did see the bum bus in pwhellliiii and i did not spend a hour talking to them, sven spent an hour telling me how many bass he was going to catch :roll: :roll: :roll: Oh well :badgrin: :badgrin:

neil.price37
Obsessed Poster

Postby neil.price37 » Tue May 08, 2007 9:15 pm

well in lads 8) nice one with the tope bren ;)

svenbren
tope hunter

Postby svenbren » Tue May 08, 2007 9:17 pm

Jamie wrote:aye sven was right i did see the bum bus in pwhellliiii and i did not spend a hour talking to them, sven spent an hour telling me how many bass he was going to catch :roll: :roll: :roll: Oh well :badgrin: :badgrin:

:lol: :lol: ;) still have this years record bass jamie :p :p :lol: :lol:
do you need a scaffold i can supply and erect tube and fitting/mobile fixed pasma scaffolds

Jamie
Work when I want,if I want.

Postby Jamie » Tue May 08, 2007 9:20 pm

for the moment pork chop. still a few months left to go :lol: ;) :lol:

moan it in mid
Les Dawson

Postby moan it in mid » Tue May 08, 2007 9:21 pm

fantastic report :D and what a fish bren :D :D :D :D you must have been well chuffed mate :D :D :D :D ;)
the real starry and common boat king
If you want me - I am on the bank !!! :-)

svenbren
tope hunter

Postby svenbren » Tue May 08, 2007 9:27 pm

moan it in mid wrote:fantastic report :D and what a fish bren :D :D :D :D you must have been well chuffed mate :D :D :D :D ;)

that i is al thing is i need to beat it now :lol: :lol:

kenny101265
Obsessed Poster

Postby kenny101265 » Tue May 08, 2007 9:28 pm

Sven cracking report and and a cracking Tope mate top marks to you ;) ;) ;) No pressure now but your next as to be bigger :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: Hope the Good luck stay's with you throughout the tour ;) ;)
LES AKA KENNY101265
2008 Species so far, Pike, Pollock, Dogfish, Dab

Tight Lines
I Store My Nuts !

Postby Tight Lines » Tue May 08, 2007 9:30 pm

What a report.
You must be proud as punch of that tope, Bren. Well done m8 8) ;)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013 -Dab, Whiting

svenbren
tope hunter

Postby svenbren » Tue May 08, 2007 9:44 pm

kenny101265 wrote:Sven cracking report and and a cracking Tope mate top marks to you ;) ;) ;) No pressure now but your next as to be bigger :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: Hope the Good luck stay's with you throughout the tour ;) ;)

thanks ;)

TheBlueCat
Obsessed Poster

Postby TheBlueCat » Tue May 08, 2007 9:47 pm

good report sven

very very nice tope ;)
mr unreliable

bigdave
Armchair Sea Angler

Postby bigdave » Tue May 08, 2007 10:12 pm

i know they say a dog looks like its owner, but that tope is a spitting image for you mate

well in laaaa :lol:
If I want your opinion, I'll ask you to fill out the necessary forms.

Hooknose King/ dab King/master archer/starry smooth hound (boat) king

www.merseysideanglers.com

DaveW
Aka Steven Spielberg

Postby DaveW » Tue May 08, 2007 10:34 pm

WOW...!! Shes a cracker..! Nice one bren, showin' em tope boys how it's done... ;)
Bit surprised you couldn't land a doggy though.. :shock: :D ;)

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”