Specimen trophy 2016 Rules and Questions

Moderator: Shaun1118

Shaun1118
Sapper McMan !!!

Specimen trophy 2016 Rules and Questions

Postby Shaun1118 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:22 pm

The Rules are the same this year as they where in the 2015 competition;

What it's about:

The idea is to compete against your mates on the forum to see who can catch the biggest fish of each species on the list during 2016. To keep interest high I've adopted a format that will be easy for everyone to score points and continue scoring points throughout the year regardless of where you choose to fish.

How it works:

A maximum of 6 points will be awarded to a fish the scoring will work as such;
1st............................. 6pts
2nd............................ 5pts
3rd............................. 4pts
4th............................. 3pts
5th.............................. 2pts
All other qualifying fish....... 1pts

Rules

There are no species specific minimum weights however all fish must weigh at least 8 ounces except for Bream, Turbot, Garfish, Gurnard and Sole, these must be 4oz minimum.

Your largest fish of each species will count, if you submit a 8oz dab in January and then submit a 10oz Dab in May the 8oz Dab will be moved off the board.

Digital scales must be used to weigh fish and all weights will be rounded down. Most digi scales weigh in lbs-oz-dr and in 8dr increments i.e 2-5-8. Some may show the "actual drams" i.e 2-5-7 which would be rounded down to 2-5-0, 2-5-10 would be rounded down to 2-5-8

No fish will be accepted if they have been caught from a mark where access has been gained by boat/yak. This is an unfair advantage and would not be in keeping with the spirit of the competition.

Please try to make your fish pics as clear as poss however I do not wish to see fish hanging on the scales ;)

All fish submissions must be accompanied by a report in the reports section written either by yourself or someone else on that session, its doesnt need to be a essay but regular reports help keep people in the loop and its inline with the forum spirit.

Only fish caught from the coast between the Keer River (Morecambe) to River Dovey (Barmouth) will count (includes Anglesey and Holyhead).

Rule 7 Applies

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To submit a fish click the PM button Image at the bottom of this post and fill in the blanks:

Claims should be submitted to me via p.m within 1 week of capture with the following...
Species ____________
Name of captor ____________
Venue ____________
Date of capture ____________
Weight ____________
Photo of fish ____________

Any questions just ask.

Shaun1118
Sapper McMan !!!

Re: Specimen trophy 2016 Rules and Questions

Postby Shaun1118 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:41 pm

I will try to update the table as often as I can. I work, I sleep and I fish... the table will be updated somewhere in between me doing those three things... if the weather and fishing is good then I'm sorry but adding a 8 oz dab to the table is pretty near the bottom of my to do list ;) If you are unsure if I have got your submission check your outbox in the private messaging section if your submission is in there then it means I have got it and there's no need to PM me every time you see I'm online.

Now the key problem last year was Smoothounds; For most of the forum they are a target species for 1 month of the year. During that month last year I got shed loads of Smooth hound submissions, most of these submissions are superseded the following week or in some cases last year the following day. I will allow these submissions to build in my inbox simply so I don't have to needlessly shuffle the whole smooth hound board 4 times a day for a whole month.

Some peoples assumption that I sit at my laptop on a wonderful summers evening waiting for these submissions to come in needs to stop.

Now go catch some fish :thumbsup:

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Re: Specimen trophy 2016 Rules and Questions

Postby Big Kev » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:08 pm

Is the right answer :lol: :lol:
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound ...turbot...small eyed ray

Return to “Specimen Trophy 2016”