anglesey whitebeach

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

alf - big al
Obsessed Poster

anglesey whitebeach

Postby alf - big al » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:58 pm

had a late afternoon drive to whitebeach with my caravan neighbour darren, either of us hadnt fished this mark before so step one was finding it :lol:
believe me its not an easy place to find but well worth the effort if you go there
we made our way across the rocks on the left side of the beach, its a hell of a way down even though the first part is stepped, its over jagged rocks and some really steep drops till you reach the flat rocks
we got tackled up ...a couple of rods for me one on a single 3/0 clipped up and a 2/0 flapper, bait was an assortment of peeler sandeel squid frozen mac and lug which daz pumped a few hours before we left
daz was in first with a small pollack on the mac feathers then a couple of mac
as per the norm with me i was having yet another new venue nightmare :roll: how is it that everytime i hit somewhere new......im casting into weed or pure rock no matter how far i chuck the bait :cry:
we persevered although at this stage you can see i had 3 rods out of the water all with the terminal tackle broke off
daz had a few more small pollack and i had a tiny coalfish.....far too embarrasing to photo
i ended up fishing a 3/0 pulley pennel with large baits, and daz had resorted to a 2 hook flapper baited with lug and tipped with a sliver of squid
i then had a clonking bite....struck into what felt like a huge conger...i wrestled it in and out of rocks for about ten mins before it finally came off
i re baited and sat dejected with a cup of coffee, just then another good knock resulted in this
i couldnt believe my eyes, a 2lb plus codling, bigger than any id taken all winter and i get it in july :roll:
anyway....the sun was slowly disappearing and i wasnt looking forward to the yomp back up the steps in the dark so we headed off
definately a great venue but snaggy as hell where we fished it gonna try further to the right when we return
2010 species. codling whiting 3b rockling dab eel

spudgun
Reel Master

Postby spudgun » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:33 am

Nice pics and fish mate. :thumbsup:
Even Mindless Violence Seems Boring Today.

Species caught this year:

Gadus morhua
Merlangius merlangus
Limanda limanda
Scyliorhinus canicula
Pthirus pubis
Chlamydia trachomatis

mossy the blue
Obsessed Poster

Postby mossy the blue » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:49 am

if you where on the left side of the bay I lost 7 rigs first time I fished there :evil: :evil: ,

but nice Coddo 8) 8)
Mossy The blue

moan it in mid
Les Dawson

Postby moan it in mid » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:57 am

nice one mate :D ;)
the real starry and common boat king
If you want me - I am on the bank !!! :-)

kevt
Time Traveller

Postby kevt » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:05 am

I used to fish this venue years ago never had much luck in the daytime but it comes alive at night .the left is very snagy but if you head for the far headland you see in your photo you find cleaner ground, also the small headland right in front of you as you park can also produce .
ex dart thrower

Xantho incisus
Obsessed Poster

Postby Xantho incisus » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:22 am

It's nice round there isn't it ? .. great pickies and nice fish... but ... I wonder if you were "in the right spot" ??
Most people fish the right hand headland of the next bay at SH608819 approx .. from your photo position you can see the headland in the centre top .. walk east along the road you came in on ... and go over the stile into the field, turn north (left) and find the flat platform .. probably a few "tell-tale" signs of "messy visitors" unfortunely. It's a fairly sandy bottom for a long way out; nice for feathers as well.
Your big tug probably was a wrass, they get big there and bolt back towards you under the overhanging ledges ... byebye tackle time :lol:
I only post in the best possible taste

davinski
Willy Wonka but needs a Humpalumpa

Postby davinski » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:29 am

Ypu where defo in the right spot. Nice codling Alf :) :) :) great pics :) :)
Sea fishermen are born honest. But they soon get over it.

kevt
Time Traveller

Postby kevt » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:54 am

I agrre with davinski it is the right spot for better fish just be preppered to loose gear
ex dart thrower

mark
Obsessed Poster

Postby mark » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:13 am

Nice codling ;) Was down there myself a couple of weeks a go and fished to the right off the ledge...full of ammo packs and oops...think ill fish where you were next time and put up with the tackle losses,was it deep enough to float fish? 8)

alf - big al
Obsessed Poster

Postby alf - big al » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:19 pm

Xantho incisus wrote:It's nice round there isn't it ? .. great pickies and nice fish... but ... I wonder if you were "in the right spot" ??
Most people fish the right hand headland of the next bay at SH608819 approx .. from your photo position you can see the headland in the centre top .. walk east along the road you came in on ... and go over the stile into the field, turn north (left) and find the flat platform .. probably a few "tell-tale" signs of "messy visitors" unfortunely. It's a fairly sandy bottom for a long way out; nice for feathers as well.
Your big tug probably was a wrass, they get big there and bolt back towards you under the overhanging ledges ... byebye tackle time :lol:

the big fish i had on was definately a conger or a huge huss, it was well into double figures cos it was taking line and my clutch was set at about 15lbs apart from that you can tell if its an eel by the backswimming characteristics. wish id have seen it,but it definately wasnt a wrasse ;)

alf - big al
Obsessed Poster

Postby alf - big al » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:25 pm

dirtydubbaz wrote:Nice codling ;) Was down there myself a couple of weeks a go and fished to the right off the ledge...full of ammo packs and oops...think ill fish where you were next time and put up with the tackle losses,was it deep enough to float fish? 8)

at low water its about twelve feet deep on the inside theres some cracking ledges and rocks to fish around but i floatfished for an hour and didnt get a bite at all, but it was really bright and you could actually see the bait sitting on the bottom, so not ideal conditions, theres a clear patch about 60 yards out but it will take a few chucks for you to find it, thats where the fish were hooked....good luck ;)

captain ken

white beach

Postby captain ken » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:34 pm

i recon you caught that cod in asda i aint seen you with one for ages, still sum good pics i will have to get over ther with you one day

alf - big al
Obsessed Poster

Re: white beach

Postby alf - big al » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:46 pm

captain ken wrote:i recon you caught that cod in asda i aint seen you with one for ages, still sum good pics i will have to get over ther with you one day

you know your own tricks best ken :lol: :lol: :lol:
you wouldnt even attempt the climb down either ;)

Eddie
Another Pirate

Postby Eddie » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:56 pm

Nice report and pics there mate 8) 8)
Click here for...

spudgun
Reel Master

Postby spudgun » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:05 pm

I think Whitebeach is in the wrong location on the reports page.

Should it be here as Xantho said?

I've never been but thought it was just west of penmon point.
Even Mindless Violence Seems Boring Today.

Species caught this year:

Gadus morhua
Merlangius merlangus
Limanda limanda
Scyliorhinus canicula
Pthirus pubis
Chlamydia trachomatis

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”