Holderness on form!

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

MJG69
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:54 pm
Location: doncaster

Holderness on form!

Postby MJG69 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:55 pm

Well fished the point for a couple of hrs for a net result of 2 yting and a lost fish 1st cast..... Set off to meet Ken,Quint and Buzz at a mark a bit further north but decided to drop in at my fave mark 1st to have a look at the beach n sea, it looked perfect, flat with lots of colour and not a sole in sight :crazy: . So that was it, lets get fishing.... Got to my mark, set up and tried to text Ken but NO signal... It wasnt long before the action started with a thumping bite, followed by slackline, had the fish on for about 3 or 4 pumps but managed to pull the hook out, at this point I thought my day could end up being a disaster but it was not to be as I beached 3 fish in 3 casts,in only 45 mins. Things went quiet until an 1.5hrs after HT when it went mad again, I managed 4 more and also managed to miss a few really good bites as well... Finished at about 9.15, was bolloxd when I got back to the car......

Anyway a cracking nite!!!!

Image

Total weight 23lb5oz, a new PB for me!! range from 2lb15oz to 4lb6oz...

LEE DYKINS

Postby LEE DYKINS » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:04 pm

Beauties 8)

svenbren
tope hunter
Posts: 3818
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:42 pm

Postby svenbren » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:35 pm

;) was it from one of the marks i fished ;) well done on the cod mark ;)
do you need a scaffold i can supply and erect tube and fitting/mobile fixed pasma scaffolds

User avatar
thomper76
Super Poster
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:35 pm
Location: buckley

Postby thomper76 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:42 pm

cracking seesion well done.......good to see some coddos caught :D .Gaz.

User avatar
Big Kev
The Masterful One
Posts: 10023
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:04 pm
Location: Sutton Manor....The Posh Part Of St Helens

Postby Big Kev » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:47 pm

A proper session...well done that man 8)
Species 2017...Dogfish...Dab...Whiting...flounder...Bull Huss.....smut.....Thornback ray...spotted ray...Bass

MJG69
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:54 pm
Location: doncaster

Postby MJG69 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:34 pm

svenbren wrote:;) was it from one of the marks i fished ;) well done on the cod mark ;)


No fella its down Holderness, when you come over if I cant fish with u I will put u within a few yards of the mark, Ive fished it 3 times in ideal conditions and had 12 cod to 7lb2oz and lost a few others including a monster!!!!!

Its totally dependent on the sea state, not too many years ago you needed a decent sea, now ideally a n,n/w or s/e turning w or s/w. Fetch BIG KEV with u next time, infact as long as your over before the end of Feb I'll defo be joining you.

The humbers also showing good numbers of cod on the south bank as well but next weeks snow will push them back out unfortunatly....

User avatar
blanker
I Love Beads
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:15 pm
Location: mostyn

Postby blanker » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:39 pm

:D :D nice fish mate :D :D
he who laugh's last,think's the slowest

User avatar
chris.klumpy
Crash Test Dummy
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:18 pm
Location: mostyn

Postby chris.klumpy » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:51 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ;)

User avatar
Shacky
Team BLAS
Posts: 3566
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:24 pm
Location: Blankpool
Contact:

Postby Shacky » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:04 am

Excellent 8) Why are they not on this side :(
2017 Species Hunt....Dab, Whiting, Rockling, Plaice, Flounder, Dogfish, Bass, Tope, Sole, Tub Gurnard, Turbot.

User avatar
Lovin Isozuri
Just call me Taro
Posts: 404
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:18 pm
Location: Manchester

Postby Lovin Isozuri » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:30 am

Shacky wrote:Excellent 8) Why are they not on this side :(


Yes WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :?: :?: :lol:

User avatar
Mike Kelly
Obsessed Poster
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 4:31 pm
Location: Newton-leWillows
Contact:

Postby Mike Kelly » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:42 am

Loving the work on that mate.. I have never had that many cod in one day . . . :? hahaha..
I'll be there, but will the fish ?

User avatar
Ozzie
I never smile !
Posts: 901
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:50 am
Location: oldham

Postby Ozzie » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:46 pm

Great catch you must be pleased as punch with that result

svenbren
tope hunter
Posts: 3818
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:42 pm

Postby svenbren » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:54 pm

MJG69 wrote:
svenbren wrote:;) was it from one of the marks i fished ;) well done on the cod mark ;)


No fella its down Holderness, when you come over if I cant fish with u I will put u within a few yards of the mark, Ive fished it 3 times in ideal conditions and had 12 cod to 7lb2oz and lost a few others including a monster!!!!!

Its totally dependent on the sea state, not too many years ago you needed a decent sea, now ideally a n,n/w or s/e turning w or s/w. Fetch BIG KEV with u next time, infact as long as your over before the end of Feb I'll defo be joining you.

The humbers also showing good numbers of cod on the south bank as well but next weeks snow will push them back out unfortunatly....



;) thanks mark will ask kevs bird (jan)if he can come out to play ;)
do you need a scaffold i can supply and erect tube and fitting/mobile fixed pasma scaffolds

User avatar
sparky
Zimmer Frame Specialist
Posts: 1541
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:16 pm
Location: Whitefield Manchester
Contact:

Postby sparky » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:38 pm

svenbren wrote:
MJG69 wrote:
svenbren wrote:;) was it from one of the marks i fished ;) well done on the cod mark ;)


No fella its down Holderness, when you come over if I cant fish with u I will put u within a few yards of the mark, Ive fished it 3 times in ideal conditions and had 12 cod to 7lb2oz and lost a few others including a monster!!!!!

Its totally dependent on the sea state, not too many years ago you needed a decent sea, now ideally a n,n/w or s/e turning w or s/w. Fetch BIG KEV with u next time, infact as long as your over before the end of Feb I'll defo be joining you.

The humbers also showing good numbers of cod on the south bank as well but next weeks snow will push them back out unfortunatly....



;) thanks mark will ask kevs bird (jan)if he can come out to play ;)


Can I come please?
.
"No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced......."


Whitefields "God with a rod"

http://www.rnli.org.uk

User avatar
Ozzie
I never smile !
Posts: 901
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:50 am
Location: oldham

Postby Ozzie » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:51 pm

Me to would like to play out.


Return to “Fishing Session Reports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests