Withernsea 24th Jan 09

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

Lovin Isozuri
Just call me Taro

Withernsea 24th Jan 09

Postby Lovin Isozuri » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:14 pm

This is the first time I have done a report with photos. I hope I will do it ok ;)

First of all, thanks for those who gave me some information on venues etc, especially for Sharkhunter who came along to fish with us. We really enjoyed your company and hope we will fish with you soon again. :)

Kev and I set off Manchetster about 11pm Friday 23rd Jan. We were gonna leave earlier but Kev had to work till late... This was going to be a fishing + camping weekend & first trip for his new van so we still decided to go. :D

The jurney was terrible as M62 was closed between junction 21 - 24 and we got stuck in slow traffic. We got there 2.30am, taking us 3.5 hours :x :x

As usual for Kev (holiday angler) he decided to drink and kip :lol: I straight away hit the beach and fished till about 5.30am but not a bite :cry: :cry:
It was such a beautiful night with the sky full of stars though ;) ;)

As you can see in the photo I had a few cans so by the time I finished fishing I was quite tipsy :lol: :lol:

Kev realised he forgot to bring pots and pans for cooking breakfast so he decided to go to a supermarket. I was still dreaming in my sleeping bag :) When Kev finished making bacon butties Sharkhunter joined us. Kev had spoken to some locals and they all recommended a beach about half a mile North where we were.

This is where we were. I think this is the beach Muzz and Sparky fished a couple weeks before.

When we got to the other beach there were quite a few anglers already fishing and we thought this was a good indication. :) The beach was packed soon after as you can see. I hope the guy in a yellow top didn't hurt his back :lol: :lol:

We set our rods up and started fishing about 10.30am. Sharkhunter brought this nice coddie in about 11.30am. :D He thinks it was about 3.5lb (sorry we don't have a scale!) :lol:

And about 15 mins later he got this one (slightly smaller 2.5-3.0lb?)

We all got excited and expectations were so high! 8) A guy next to Sharkhunter in the yellow top in the third photo above brought a nice cod (about the same as the first one of Sharkhunter's) in and a big one (he said it was 8lb) was caught by a man next to Kev.

All the cod were caught in a spell of an hour or so and no one started to catch any fish.

Since the sport got quiet I decided to try pendulam casting and Sharkhunter kindly taught me as he had promised the day before. 8)

The first cast, the lead went into the sea :D , second cast just reached the water :) , third one the sinker didn't get wet :shock: and the next and final one nearly added an accessory on Sharkhunter's head :lol: :lol: :lol:

We decided not to practice on the crowded beach and I decided to stick to the over head cast for the day :cry: I would appreciate it if anyone could teach me or let me know info on casting instructors :) Kev and I noticed anyone who was catching fish was able to cast very far so we need to practice :!:

Here is me tackling a multiplier (I'm a multiplier novice) :)

No fish were caught in the late afternoon and we decided to pack up about 5.30pm. This was my second attempt for cod (the first one was at Mark X last Wednesday) and it has proved to be tough (3 blanks on the trot as well :lol: :lol: :lol: ) I will keep trying and will catch my first cod this winter (well, I have caught a pin codling before though :lol: )!!!

By the way, it is the first blank for Kev in his fishing career. :o :o Welcome to the hardcore angler's world!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

mark
Obsessed Poster

Postby mark » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:27 am

Fantastic report-well done....unlucky on the cod front... :( some nice fish there tho... :)

Shacky
Team BLAS

Postby Shacky » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:31 am

Nice try & great report 8) At least there are some codling at that side of Britain.
2017 Species Hunt....Dab, Whiting, Rockling, Plaice, Flounder, Dogfish, Bass, Tope, Sole, Tub Gurnard, Turbot.

Lovin Isozuri
Just call me Taro

Postby Lovin Isozuri » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:31 am

Shacky wrote:Nice try & great report 8) At least there are some codling at that side of Britain.

Thanks :) Are they ever gonna come to our side this season? :?

jimmy3321
Regular Poster

Postby jimmy3321 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:31 am

cracking report and photos.

those cod will look good surrounded by chips.

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:11 am

Great report and pics Iso. 8)
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

jaygo
Dunkin' Donut

yuyuy

Postby jaygo » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:11 am

superb :D :D :D :D :D
http://www.merseysideanglers.co.uk

GET ONTO VINE BAITS YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE.
http://www.merseysideanglers.com/vinebaits.html

Eddie
Another Pirate

Postby Eddie » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:17 am

Brilliant report. I think you lads may have underestimated your codling too. The bigger one looks into 4lb to me and the smaller looks into 3lb IMHO 8) Well done all
Click here for...

Mike Kelly
Obsessed Poster

Postby Mike Kelly » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:23 am

Nice report mate. :D good pic's as well.. Looks busy busy busy.
I'll be there, but will the fish ?

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:49 pm

Well done boys,some nice fish there 8)
Species 2017...Dogfish...Dab...Whiting...flounder...Bull Huss...Thornback ray...spotted ray...Bass

Ozzie
I never smile !

Postby Ozzie » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:50 pm

Nice report and piccies. That beach looked busy was there a match on by any chance.

JAGS
Obsessed Poster

Postby JAGS » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:14 pm

well done laaaaa i know how ya feel top report and effort. off back to the east coast on the 7th feb :shock: well ya gotta keep trying ;)
http://www.buccaneersbac.com/index.php
THE BOAT ANGLING COMMUNITY
HOME OF THE SAN MIGUEL

Eddie
Another Pirate

Postby Eddie » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:09 pm

JAGS wrote:well done laaaaa i know how ya feel top report and effort. off back to the east coast on the 7th feb :shock: well ya gotta keep trying ;)

I didn't know you were going on the coach trip mate. Nice one 8)
Click here for...

blanker
I Love Beads

Postby blanker » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:03 pm

:D great report :D
he who laugh's last,think's the slowest

thomper76
Super Poster

Postby thomper76 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:13 pm

cracking report/pics and some nice coddos agree you might be under estimating the weight of those fish well done. :D

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”