Smoothylicious

Charter Boats are proberbly the only way most of us get to sea, if you have had a good trip and want to pass on the skippers details then please do so in this section, also passon information or ask a question regarding your next planned trip.
dils

Smoothylicious

Postby dils » Sat May 24, 2008 12:25 pm

Well what an amazing day ive had today,best fishing day ive EVER had.
First of all it was the Cafe at Caernarfon for sum fodder,a very important requirment.Why?To combat the sea sicknessThan off to Tesco Holyhead to get fags and another requirment KEWLLS,took three of them babys and off to the harbour to meet up with Geth and Mr Wittle.
Got there for 9.30 Jon and Carl arrived 15 minutes after and we set sail.The marina and Holyhead Bay was flat calm,thank god I said to myself there was a bit of an easterly brezze but we were goin near land so we had some shelter.
Anchored up at about 10.30 ish and then the fun started.Got my Hiro Metacarbo out,my fixed spool loaded with braid,put the boom on got some special traces put the prime peelers on and off she went into the water.
First blood was for moi,and boy was i having it and thouroughly enjoying myself,a sensor tip rod with a pd off smoothy on the buisness end is serious fun,we were all using sensor tip all adding to the fun.
This was my first Smoothie
About 7-8 lb not a big one but it made a good account for herself,but I could sense there was better to come,and boy I was right,im never wrong really but thats another matter
Next in was Carl,here he is using a jerk baiting rod and reel
Fair play he did very well to get it in on that outfit.And a PB,well done
Carl and his Smoothie
I think it was 16-17lber not sure but a super fight
Next onto the fish was Paul again he was using a Fladen Sensor Tip 2Again he did very well to get it in on the outfit well done matey,can remeber all the sizes but im sure he broke his PB just like Carl.
Picture of Pauls Smoothie going back
Next in was Jon his face was a picture and I got in there and got a pic of him
Pic of Jons Hound in the water
Pic of Fish out of water and into the greatfull hands of Jon
So by now myself,Paul,Carl,and Jon had got 1 Hound each but there was 5 of us fishing,oh yes that would be Geth,he hadnt got one,and so the trend continued,there was a triple hook up next myself,Jon and Carl.I got the smallest of the three bloody typical,here are the pics of mine and Jons hounds
Jons was bigger!!!! i think it was a Pb for him,im sure hell correct me on that one but there was more to come!!!!!
Next was Paul
Sorry dont know the weights of em all but all of Paul,Jons and Carls was over there PBs
Now after about an hour of nnothing Jon had a lovely intrest on his rod which resulted in a 25lb Smoothie,just 6oz short of the welsh record,well done Jon but unlucky
In between these i was still catching small ones and starting to get worried about breaking my Pb,but still Geth wasnt catching only bladdy dogs,I think Geth was thinking that we were on a doggy trip and not a Smoothie trip
Here he is with one of many
I was laughing my arris off,he oviously wasnt
Then I saw Geth having some knocks on his rods so I though lets have sum fun,in a second he saw it I accidently blocked him really didnt try and he didnt get there in time.So sssssssssooooooooorrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyy

He was not getting pd off
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSS SSSSS

But after nearly 4 hrs of fishing and a lot of cursing and even more mickey taken out of him he got.At last
In the water,whats important with this pic is the net,he got to the surface Paul got it into the net and he must have seen some ugly faces cos it jumped out,well i was laughing
Fish fighting
Look at the mans concentration
But when we finally got it i n after what seemed like an eternity a pb for Geth 19lb 8oz.Well done Geth
Tea time came and I was starting to get a bit concerned first my Metacarbo snapped,gutted and everyone around me was smashing there pbs,Carl even doing it twice,I think his best was 20lber.
So about half hour before anchor up my rod had some intrest,and thers me just sitting down having a brew and eating custard creams,Jon said 'Dils youre rod'I said 'dont worry itl be fine'.I was enjoying my biccies then my rod bounced,for god sakes i thought just lit a fag up,enjoying tea and biccies it would happen now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And thank god it did happen on the uptider cos if it had happend on the Hiro then it would have snapped in half.After 10-15 mins of fighting I brought this baby in
19lb 6oz,superb I said a pb for me mission accomplished,but then I though Geths fish was 2oz bigger

All in all an absolutely superb day,loads of fun and banter,loads of good fighting fish,best day ive had on a boat and everyone smashed there pbs
So thanks to all that came,and a special thanks to Geth for putting us on the fish.
If anyone new is reading this and wants a good day out catching hounds then get in contact with Geth.
There is a video of all of us catching fish,but im must say I would imagine that they are a bit x rated

Thanks all
Make my day
Master of the universe!!!!!!

Shacky
Team BLAS

Postby Shacky » Sat May 24, 2008 2:29 pm

Nice one fellas :) .......Great Pic's and Super Hounds 8)
2017 Species Hunt....Dab, Whiting, Rockling, Plaice, Flounder, Dogfish, Bass, Tope, Sole, Tub Gurnard, Turbot.

moan it in mid
Les Dawson

Postby moan it in mid » Sat May 24, 2008 2:42 pm

fantastic report dils and great pics cant be bad :D ;)
the real starry and common boat king
If you want me - I am on the bank !!! :-)

DaveW
Aka Steven Spielberg

Postby DaveW » Sat May 24, 2008 2:42 pm

Mega hounds... 8) that welsh records gonna go this summer. ;) .. Nice one lads, and Geth for puttin em spot on the fish once again..;) 8)

dils

Postby dils » Sat May 24, 2008 6:01 pm

Hers a short video,theres a little bit of swearing
http://www.goangling.co.uk/odds/numpty.wmv
Make my day

Master of the universe!!!!!!

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Sat May 24, 2008 6:13 pm

Great stuff girls...some crackin hounds caught 8)
Species 2017...Dogfish...Dab...Whiting...flounder...Bull Huss...Thornback ray...spotted ray...Bass

mad mark
Hop A Long Cassidy

Postby mad mark » Sat May 24, 2008 6:54 pm

that trip will take some beating well done lads some lovley fish their

tonylfc
Ray Master

Postby tonylfc » Sat May 24, 2008 10:56 pm

A magical day for you all there. :D :D :D Marvelous report 8) 8) 8)
2008 Specimen League Winner.

Gethyn
Regular Poster

Postby Gethyn » Sun May 25, 2008 7:35 am

The lads all fished well, made my job really easy.

Was a good day, full of quality fish and witty banter. A day certainly to remember, as pointed out by Dils everyone broke PB's on the smoothound.

Jon 25lb, Carl 20lb, Myself 19lb 8oz, Dils 19lb 6oz, Paul 19lb 3oz

17 smoothies boated in all.
Dilwyn 6 smoothies
Carl 5 smoothies
Jon 3 smoothies
Paul 2 smoothies
Gethyn 1 smoothie

Dils, it was a dogfish and PB trip, and I managed it all very well thank you!

another video here - http://www.goangling.co.uk/2008/smo-ops.htm

Ken the PACMAN
Obsessed Poster

Postby Ken the PACMAN » Mon May 26, 2008 6:27 pm

Oi leave some for us next week :lol:
Live to Fish - Fish to Live
King Cod Swansea 2004
www.prescotanglingcentre.co.uk
0151-426-5011.
You can also find us on Facebook...just... Prescot Angling Centre.

bigdave
Armchair Sea Angler

Postby bigdave » Mon May 26, 2008 8:08 pm

excelent stuff :D
If I want your opinion, I'll ask you to fill out the necessary forms.

Hooknose King/ dab King/master archer/starry smooth hound (boat) king

www.merseysideanglers.com

dave_ord
Obsessed Poster

Postby dave_ord » Tue May 27, 2008 8:58 am

Cracking report and great pic's well done ladies 8) 8) 8)
Not another learner.................

gmonkman
Obsessed Poster

Postby gmonkman » Tue May 27, 2008 9:18 am

Great session there! Didnt see the boat name mentioned - am i just blind?
Make a difference - take home 1 piece of someone's angling litter next time you are out fishing.

jon law

Postby jon law » Tue May 27, 2008 11:46 am

Graham, it was 'My Way' out of Holyhead :)

I reckon that Smooth hound record will go in the next few weeks from there, weather permitting :oops:

gmonkman
Obsessed Poster

Postby gmonkman » Tue May 27, 2008 3:25 pm

Ta and doh at me - its on the front page. :oops:
Make a difference - take home 1 piece of someone's angling litter next time you are out fishing.

Return to “Charter Boats”