Llyn Peninsular

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

Richie Fisher
Obsessed Poster

Llyn Peninsular

Postby Richie Fisher » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:15 pm

Had the weekend down at my caravan on the Lleyn. Weather was glorious, in fact it was too hot. On the Saturday I got up at 6am to fish a well-known mark for tope from the rocks. To my horror, on arrival at the mark, it is now completely surrounded with pots with the nearest one less than 25 metres from me. It became apparent that it was unfishable as any cast in any direction was catching on the lines and causing me to pull for a break. I've fished this mark for a number of years and it was always my favourite but I very much doubt I'll return again.

I had to make the most of a bad situation so I decided to throw feathers within the boundaries and also float fished for an hour. I probably had four or five pollock and the same number of ballan wrasse. Nothing big but it kept me occupied.

Biggest Pollock 12ozs

Biggest wrasse 1lb 1oz

The walk back up the mountain was an absolute killer in the baking hot sun.
2018 Species
Dab Codling Whiting Poor Cod Flounder Bronze Whaler Shark Spotted Gully Shark Smoothhound Lesser Sand Shark Kabeljou Steenbraas Galjoen Elephant Fish Barbell Plaice Pollock Thornie Ballan Eel Bass G Weever Palometa Bream Butterfly Ray

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Re: Llyn Peninsular

Postby Steve Duffy » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:51 pm

Shame another mark spoiled. :evil: Still you had your string pulled a few times. :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

viaductbaggies
Regular Poster

Postby viaductbaggies » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:29 pm

Nightmare after making that walk and finding pots all over it and then that walk back

Only done it once and vowed never to go back but last trip went on mate mentioned shall we try there again but seeing this report it’s a definite no from me
http://www.lavendercottagecornwall.co.uk/

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:11 pm

Very frustrating for you Richie laaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :x
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound ...turbot...small eyed ray

starfish
Obsessed Poster

Postby starfish » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:13 pm

this happens all too often now muppets see people fishing of the rocks
when they are looking about to lay there stupid pots
then they get the bright idea that must a grate place to lob me lobster pots :evil:
and it is game over for us all :confused:
i went to porth Lago last summer and was shocked to see the whole stretch had been potted
in rows 10 pots wide industrial potting that is we left after a few hours very angry :evil:

nice wrasse thou well done :thumbsup:

wobbler72
Obsessed Poster

Postby wobbler72 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:32 pm

Bl**dy hell Ritchie, I thought it was you! I felt for you with the pots; there was a string right across you, from left to right.

That was me and my son in the boat at around 12 noon. We stopped off on the way back from Bardsey and dropped off on the way to the next mark whilst waiting for the tide run. We spent a few minutes to your right (nothing showing), had one drift along the "wall" to your left (had a few Pollack of around 1.5lb each) and headed off. I've put a report up in the small boats section if you're interested.
Kev

Richie Fisher
Obsessed Poster

Postby Richie Fisher » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:46 pm

wobbler72 wrote:Bl**dy hell Ritchie, I thought it was you! I felt for you with the pots; there was a string right across you, from left to right.

That was me and my son in the boat at around 12 noon. We stopped off on the way back from Bardsey and dropped off on the way to the next mark whilst waiting for the tide run. We spent a few minutes to your right (nothing showing), had one drift along the "wall" to your left (had a few Pollack of around 1.5lb each) and headed off. I've put a report up in the small boats section if you're interested.

Good to hear from you Kev. I noticed your boat when you were to my left. Lots of dolphins surfacing, did you see them? I'll never forget that 24hrs when we saw dolphins, a minky whale and a pine martin, good times.
2018 Species
Dab Codling Whiting Poor Cod Flounder Bronze Whaler Shark Spotted Gully Shark Smoothhound Lesser Sand Shark Kabeljou Steenbraas Galjoen Elephant Fish Barbell Plaice Pollock Thornie Ballan Eel Bass G Weever Palometa Bream Butterfly Ray

wobbler72
Obsessed Poster

Postby wobbler72 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:45 am

Richie Fisher wrote:
wobbler72 wrote:Lots of dolphins surfacing, did you see them? I'll never forget that 24hrs when we saw dolphins, a minky whale and a pine martin, good times.

Good times indeed mate :thumbsup:

The bay is full of Dolphins at the moment. Had them right next to and even just a few feet under the boat.

Gimme a shout if you're heading over again. Not wet a line from the shore in nearly 12 months.

(btw - it turns out those small Pollack (6-8 inches) are great live-bait ;))
Kev

GAZZ3R
Obsessed Poster

Postby GAZZ3R » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:36 pm

I feel your pain Richie, I've lost a few rigs to those pots, gonna have to suss out some new marks :x
The Wrassewrangler

tatch1
Obsessed Poster

Postby tatch1 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:58 pm

Lousy luck that Richie hope you have better next time out :thumbsup:

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”