WSF Summer League 2018 - Questions

A series of friendly matches for site members to enter.

Moderator: spudgun

Paul Argent
Obsessed Poster

WSF Summer League 2018 - Questions

Postby Paul Argent » Thu May 03, 2018 6:13 pm

Maerig the hunter wrote:Can we try and deal with whiting and throw them back before we change traces and cast out again?
I cant eat all the good fish floating past dead on the surface sometimes, and its not good for the image of angling?? Catch my drift?

I think this is fair comment, Whiting should be exempt from catch and release as they don’t survive once out of the water, unless hooked in the lip. Leaving the beach littered with them is not good PR for the matches. I think we should take them away. They make good fish cakes if you have the time to fillet them and add a tin of Salmon!!

If helps I will give to a local dogs/cats home they will take them. God my car will stink with half dozen sacks of Whiting!! Point well raised, looking forward to see everybody again.

I think this more of issue in Sept-Nov but still think it’s worth talking about on forthcoming matches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Paul Argent
Obsessed Poster

Re: WSF Summer League 2018 - Questions

Postby Paul Argent » Thu May 03, 2018 6:20 pm

Steve Duffy wrote:
starfish wrote:it would make no difference as whiting will not go back alive whatever you do they die of shock as they leave the water
there just one of them fish they do not return well at all also throwing them back in will just shock them also try placing them in the water
but all the same they just not too good out the water

But the seagulls get a good feed. :dance:

They would rather eat chips of New Brighton seafront

starfish
Obsessed Poster

Postby starfish » Thu May 03, 2018 8:49 pm

adam just a question about the times for this match if all in is at 8.00am and low is at 10.10 am fishing till 12.00am
then we are only fishing 2 down and two up the last hour will be unfishable at perch rock
and the pleasure anglers will beat us down there by a good hour and a half
should we be fishing 7am till 11am ??? and getting on the beach for 6.30am ???
and fish 3 down 1 up :huh:

i have never been able to stay or hold out after 50 mins after low and 1 hr after that time will be a highmare
if this is unchangeable on the times then the rock channel by the fort may be a better option for sunday ????

as for the sept 9th match i would also move that by 10 mins too 15.20 too 19.20 it will make all the difference at perch :thumbsup:

Paul Argent
Obsessed Poster

Postby Paul Argent » Thu May 03, 2018 9:53 pm

starfish wrote:adam just a question about the times for this match if all in is at 8.00am and low is at 10.10 am fishing till 12.00am
then we are only fishing 2 down and two up the last hour will be unfishable at perch rock
and the pleasure anglers will beat us down there by a good hour and a half
should we be fishing 7am till 11am ??? and getting on the beach for 6.30am ???
and fish 3 down 1 up :huh:

i have never been able to stay or hold out after 50 mins after low and 1 hr after that time will be a highmare
if this is unchangeable on the times then the rock channel by the fort may be a better option for sunday ????

as for the sept 9th match i would also move that by 10 mins too 15.20 too 19.20 it will make all the difference at perch :thumbsup:

“i have never been able to stay or hold out after 50 mins after low and 1 hr after that time will be a highmare”

Have to agree after fishing it at the weekend, I was unable to hold after about 1 hour however it was a big tide last weekend. Might be a bit late to change it now, as other might not see this post. set your alarm clock early

Adam Roper
Obsessed Poster

Postby Adam Roper » Fri May 04, 2018 9:55 am

Please note we will now be fishing 07:30 until 11:30 as per the updated preview thread. Booking in will be from 06:30 until 07:00.

Thanks.

Adam
2017 Species

davie495
Obsessed Poster

Postby davie495 » Fri May 04, 2018 10:31 am

:o
Stu

2018 Species:[12] Cod, Ting, Dab, Huss, LSD, Flounder, Smoothound, Garfish, Pollock, Mackerel, Pout, Eel

2017:[24]
2016:[14]

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Fri May 04, 2018 11:45 am

I thought there was only one 6-30. :think: :doh:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Return to “WSF Summer League 2018”