Round 4 Result and Report

A series of matches run in a league format for "active site members" only, offering laid back introduction to match fishing.
Prescot Angling is kindly sponsoring this years league.

Moderator: spudgun

Adam Roper
Obsessed Poster

Round 4 Result and Report

Postby Adam Roper » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:14 pm

1st - Lee Hobbs..........................77cm - 11 Points
2nd - Roy Schofield.....................76cm - 10 Points
3rd - Steve Duffy........................61cm - 9 Points
4th - Adam Roper........................56cm - 8 Points
5th - Dave Roberts.......................55cm - 7 Points
6th - Andy Wilmore......................39cm - 6 Points
7th - Graeme Stuart.....................37cm - 5 Points
8th - Jordan Roberts.....................36cm - 4 Points
8th - Gary Swift...........................36cm - 4 Points
10th - Dave Radcliffe.....................35cm - 2 Points
11th - Brian Roper........................33cm - 1 Point
11th - Jeff White..........................33cm - 1 Point
11th - Mike Davis..........................33cm - 1 Point
14th - Ian Welsh...........................32cm - 1 Point
14th - Richie Fisher.......................32cm - 1 Point
16th - Andy Jenkins.......................29cm - 1 Point
17th - Mick McAloon.......................0cm - 1 Point
17th - Stu Davies...........................0cm - 1 Point
17th - Ste Atkinson........................0cm - 1 Point
17th - Dale Edwards.......................0cm - 1 Point
17th - Dylan Kensall.......................0cm - 1 Point

Longest Fish Pool - Lee Hobbs............Codling 51cm.

Round 4 saw us fishing high water for the first time this winter at the Seacombe Ferry end of the Town Hall stretch of promenade. The weather was again really calm and mild and we were greeted with a fantastic afternoon sky and sunset as we arrived. We all made our way down the Guinea Gap and onto the prom for the obligator team photo...............................

The boundaries were from the Guinea Gap to the Seacombe Ferry which gave us 800 meters of prom to go out however with the format meaning you need to find both a flat and a round, location would be key with the first couple of hundred meters offering clean sandy ground and the remainder being more stony, snaggy and rougher ground. Some people opted for the start of the stretch whilst a few made the walk all the way up to the ferry terminal end.

We were underway and it was a slow start at the ferry terminal end with bites being few and far between however first signs of life were signaled by Jordan Roberts who took a nice Whiting to open his account.............................

A couple of Codling then came over the rail first to Andy Wilmore of 39cm and then to Graeme Stuart of 37cm which was encouraging however the numbers of fish were still a bit thin on the ground.............................

Down the other end of the stretch towards the Guinea Gap was proving much more plentiful on the fish front and more importantly both in the form of Codling and Dabs. The man setting the pace was Roy Schofield who took three nice Codling in the first half of the match with the best of them measuring 49cm................

Roy had also found a Flat to get himself both fish on his card and set the pace for the rest to follow. Steve Duffy was also hot on Roy's case and had also found two fish to be right up there in contention.

Dabs were proving really hard to come by and a few people upped sticks and moved back down to the clean sand to try and find a space to target one which saw another couple of people get two fish on the board in the form of Dave Roberts and myself.

Lee Hobbs was the only other angler to get himself a Dab and he then followed it up with the best fish of the day in the form of this cracking 51cm Codling. As well as sealing the match win, this fish would see Lee take the longest fish pool on the day and also give him the lead in this years Cod Trophy. Well done Lee.........................

The action continues thick and fast with Round 5 this coming weekend at Kingslake Road.........................

Note - Please ensure you read the match information point in the Round 5 preview thread
2017 Species

Richie Fisher
Obsessed Poster

Re: Round 4 Result and Report

Postby Richie Fisher » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:19 pm

Good report Adam and well done to the winners
2017 Species
Dab, Codling, Whiting, 5-B Rockling, Rainbow Trout, Gr Weaver, Striped Bream, Flounder, Palometa, Plaice, Dogfish, Pollock, Smoothhound, Ballan Wrasse Angel Shark Butterfly Ray Painted Comber Pandora Bream

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:45 pm

Good win Lee laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....looked like it was gunna be a tough day at the office...great report Adam laaaaaaaaaaaaa
Species 2017...Dogfish...Dab...Whiting...flounder...Bull Huss.....smut.....Thornback ray...spotted ray...Bass...Cod

Maerig the hunter
Obsessed Poster

Postby Maerig the hunter » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:08 pm

Great report Adam, another good day missed for me but I daren't undo all the good work the surgeon did on me so I wont be there for round 5 either. :cry: :cry:
That winning cod looked a long skinny fish, reckon Lee put it on the rack for a couple of hours!! Well fished anyway. :clap: :clap:
Chomping at the bit now to get out with yous again. :evil: Best of luck to yall for next weekend. Soon be time for Santa :santa: to watch out for all the booby traps in my boys' bedroom :lol:
2017 species : Whiting :roll: rock salmon:roll: Flounder, shore crab, otterspool bigsnag, soreneck, acheing bells :lol:

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:45 pm

Great report and pics. :thumbsup: Was an interesting match for me.I didn't have many fish but the ones I had did the job for a change. :dance:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

graeme stuart
Regular Poster

Postby graeme stuart » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:03 pm

Good win Lee. another polished report Adam, roll on kingsgate rd!

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:20 pm

graeme stuart wrote:Good win Lee. another polished report Adam, roll on kingsgate rd!

Kingslake. :wave:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

stephen atkinson
Obsessed Poster

Postby stephen atkinson » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:01 pm

Another good turn out, well done on the win lee.. :thumbsup:
Species 2017: coding. Whiting. Dab, strap (conger) Thornback ray, plaice,3br,Lsd, common smoothhound, starry smoothhound, flounder,Tub gurnard, Bass, Weaver, snotty eel, pouting

AndyJ
WSF STUNT MAN

Postby AndyJ » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:46 pm

Ace report Adam, well done everyone to manage two fish, and well done Lee, great fish...

roy.s
Super Poster

Postby roy.s » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:53 pm

Congratulations on the win Lee, :clap: , Good report again Adam. Surprised more cod did not show at ferry end of prom though :confused:
2017 species.....(17) Dab, Flounder, Plaice, Codling, Whiting, Pouting, Bass, Silver eel, Conger eel, Thornback ray, Starry smoothhound, Common smoothhound, Weever, Tub Gurnard, Dogfish, Five bearded Rockling, Tope (pup),

Patriot
Super Poster

Postby Patriot » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:57 pm

Nice one Lee. 51cm is a good size and may take some beating. Makes the Otterspool match interesting...

Was hard fishing up at the ferry end. Proper tackle graveyard and for not such a big tide, a very strong tide run. After 5 consecutive tackle losses in 30 minutes, i moved further down. Eventually had two small whiting in the last 15 minutes to save a blank.

Roll on Kingslake :)
Only here for the cod!

Lee1
Super Poster

Postby Lee1 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:11 pm

Thanks lads, top report again Adam, can you guess what I had for tea tonight...???

daley12
Obsessed Poster

Postby daley12 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:14 pm

good report adam well done to the winners lee roy and steve.

Godders123
Front Page Meister

Postby Godders123 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:36 pm

Well done Lee, top dangling mate :clap:
Graham

2017 Species [21]: Flounder, Conger, Bull Huss, Codling, Whiting, Dab, Dogfish, Plaice, Mackerel, Ballan Wrasse, Pollack, Smoothhound, Thornie, Eel, Sole, Bass, Garfish, Cuckoo Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Goldsinny Wrasse, LS Sea Scorpion

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

Return to “WSF Winter League 2016”