perchfest

Post your canal reports here
andybass
Regular Poster

perchfest

Postby andybass » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:46 pm

One area of this sport that has become an addiction is, lure fishing. although I will always love my sea angling, I'll equally will always love throwing inanimate pieces of plastic, wood and Rubber at any willing fish. I have learnt a lot from doing so, such as: water craft, when I've sat in one spot for too long or when I've missed my chance. I've started to spend more time on my local canal after work. and I've started to see changes in the way I fish.

the Local canal is really neglected with limited areas to fish. so armed with just my light rod, a couple of Lures and a good set of walking boots. I headed down for a wee leap frogging session. I've noticed the perch in the canal are getting bigger. maybe this is because of the dense weed trapping bait fish making for easy pickings for any passing predator.

I also managed this scruffy pike out on a small lure. I try not to bother any of the post spawn pike but I can always avoid hooking.

Until next time tight lines
northwestseaangler.blogspot.com

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Re: perchfest

Postby Steve Duffy » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:18 pm

Lovely fish Andy. :clap: :clap: My lad lives just across the road from the canal at Stockton Heath.Maybe I should put a lure rod in the boot next time I visit. :think:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

mal wynne
Obsessed Poster

Re: perchfest

Postby mal wynne » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:25 pm

nice pics mate , the lures account for about 90% of my fishing these days, I just get too bored waiting around for a bite :)

Return to “Canal Fishing Reports”