Wango Lane...Leeds/Liverpool

Post your canal reports here
Big Kev
The Masterful One

Wango Lane...Leeds/Liverpool

Postby Big Kev » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:22 am

After another chat with Ken "The coarse fishing oracle" from Prescot Angling i decided against fishing Parbold as he reckons apart from some nice perch,it`s fairly poor.
A few venues were suggested and i meant to do some further investigation on the comp for directions e.t.c,but a call to an impromptu bbq put paid to that :roll:
Noticed a fishy looking stretch to the left of the race course,with reeds n lillies which would surely hold tench....
Got there at first light and watched the reeds moving around...ooh tench city...
Not to be.....palm sized roach and small perch were hangin` themselves on every drop.....gave it a couple of hours in the hope that the better fish would move in but that did`nt happen.....nice start to the day but a disppointment that the tench/bream did`nt play ball :?
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound ...turbot...small eyed ray

Shacky
Team BLAS

Postby Shacky » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:04 am

Looks a very nice spot, should fish well on its day :)
2017 Species Hunt....Dab, Whiting, Rockling, Plaice, Flounder, Dogfish, Bass, Tope, Sole, Tub Gurnard, Turbot.

bigdave
Armchair Sea Angler

Postby bigdave » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:06 am

its only 10 minutes away from our house there but somewere ive never fished...might give it a little go when the kids go back to school and i have a bit of free time :lol:
If I want your opinion, I'll ask you to fill out the necessary forms.

Hooknose King/ dab King/master archer/starry smooth hound (boat) king

www.merseysideanglers.com

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:21 am

It is a cracking section of the L&L canal.I fished it for years when I lived on the rough side of the river :lol: It was a great section for tench,with good perch and roach showing as well.The pike fishing was excellent in the winter with double figure pike coming out on a regular basis.The only drawback was people could walk along the opposite bank.
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Return to “Canal Fishing Reports”