Dee pike

Info,tactics,baits ,and reports for on the rivers
mal wynne
Obsessed Poster

Dee pike

Postby mal wynne » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:37 pm

went out with some lures last night , but could,nt get to my first choice stretch of the river coz you need to drive across a couple of fields to get access and when I got to the first gate there were about 30 bullocks just beyond it and I knew if I opened the gate by the time I was in the car they,ed be all over the road so it was plan b , so I went elsewhere and after walking the stretch and trying various places for an hour and a half without a touch I was on the point of going home for some food , I thought I,ll just try another plug for a few casts and 2nd cast with a j13 in grey I got bumped just under the rod tip so cast again and at the 3rd attempt hooked a spirited jack of about 3-4 pounds , but that killed that swim so I made my way back towards the car and while I was chatting to a lad trying for barbel I noticed a jack topping a bit further along so I thought I,ll go by there and have a few chucks , anyway I gave it 10 minutes without a touch and was just gettin to the "1 more cast"stage when the rapala got hit by something really powerful , the water by there is relatively shallow and pretty fast so it gave a good scrap for a few minutes but eventually I worked it towards me and chinned it out , it went 8-14 my best pike this year :D :D :D
:D

morrow
Obsessed Poster

Re: Dee pike

Postby morrow » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:04 pm

Very nice mate :clap:
Species - Thornback Ray, Huss, Wrasse, Dogfish, Whiting, Mackerel, Flounder, Silver Eel, Dab, Pollock, Sea Scorpion, Common Blenny, Coalie , Rockling, Pouting, Conger Eel, Smoothound

Bobdeniro2
Obsessed Poster

Postby Bobdeniro2 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:06 pm

Lovely looking fish, that stretch looks idyllic :clap: :clap:
2018: Codling, Dogfish, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, Pollack, Rockling, Starry Smoothhound, Tope, Whiting,

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:45 pm

Excellent Mal. :clap:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Shaun1118
Sapper McMan !!!

Postby Shaun1118 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:08 pm

Nice Fish Mal :clap:

Return to “River Fishing Reports”