eccleston 3-11-12

Info,tactics,baits ,and reports for on the rivers
mal wynne
Obsessed Poster

eccleston 3-11-12

Postby mal wynne » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:22 pm

Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:16 pm Post subject: eccleston 3-11-12
thought I,d have a nice easy comfy session today so I went down to the ferry at about 10 am , found a nice peg and got set up when dozens if not bloody hundreds of chinless wonders in rowing boats started to gather right in front of me they were all along the river for miles , turns out it was some big important race meeting and they were waiting for there turn to start their races , there was no way the fish would feed with all the noise from the boats so I had to sit it out for a while , eventually they all buggered off and I started to get a few small dace and roach on the feeder when after about an hour the young tory armada turned up again , and this time they were delayed starting the races and must have been freezing [poor lambs] I could,nt be ***** packin in and going elsewhere so I stuck it out and after a while they were gone leavin the river in peace again , this time it took a good while to get the fish feedin so while it was quiet I put out a big lobworm with some air syringed into it under a tree to my right hoping for a perch but ended up catchin a nice fluke on it , I,ve had them this far and further up the river before but their usually quite small , this one was about 12 ounces or so , and apart from a few more small roach and dace that was it, ended up with about 3 pound of bit,s

thomper76
Super Poster

Re: eccleston 3-11-12

Postby thomper76 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:36 pm

well done matey...........you did better than us pair lol :badgrin:

iank
Obsessed Poster

Postby iank » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:39 am

Good report.

Those flounders are amazing aren't they. I once had one as far upstream as Worthenbury Brook but as you say it was smaller.

mal wynne
Obsessed Poster

Postby mal wynne » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:33 pm

the furthest upstream I,ve had 1 is just below overton bridge , it was the size of a credit card :)

Return to “River Fishing Reports”