20 years ago

Info,tactics,baits ,and reports for on the rivers
spudgun
Reel Master

20 years ago

Postby spudgun » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:14 pm

Went back to Derby for the weekend to take my little 8 year old nephew George Doors fishing on the River Derwent where I used to go when I was his age.

River Derwent
http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=sth70v ... orm=LMLTCC

The best fish I ever "caught" was a perch of maybe a pound which rattled off onto the bank and jumped back in. :lol:
So I fancied trying to catch him again, so we set up opposite chub alley on sound advice from the tackle shop floating double red maggot. Water was moving very fast and was washing large clumps of weed down. After us both nearly falling in down the steep bank and us both tangling up on every tree/nettle/passerby we moved back down toward the humpback bridge where I used to fish and fish a calm bit close in to the reeds. My 1st cast in and I got an instant bite before the float had settled. I started to catch a few small bits while George kept saying to me:
"my float just went under."
"That's a bite george. Is your float still under the water."
"Yeah."
"I think you might have a fish on there mate. Reel in and see."
George caught the biggest and final fish (a roach I think about a span in length) until we got the call telling us that the half hour session has overrun by 3 hours. Spent another ten minutes trying for that perch but he never showed. :lol:

Wish I had a cam on my phone. :( Will defo have one when I take him to Anglesey off the rocks for the wrasse n pollock. Maybe Dinas too. :D Can't wait.
Even Mindless Violence Seems Boring Today.

Species caught this year:

Gadus morhua
Merlangius merlangus
Limanda limanda
Scyliorhinus canicula
Pthirus pubis
Chlamydia trachomatis

mal wynne
Obsessed Poster

Re: 20 years ago

Postby mal wynne » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:37 pm

nice one mate .,