a bit rusty

Info,tactics,baits ,and reports for on the rivers
mal wynne
Obsessed Poster

a bit rusty

Postby mal wynne » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:34 pm

went for my first coarse fishin sesh for nearly 12 months today ,fished the first peg on beat 6 above holt bridge on the dee , for the first couple of hours I stuggled , I could,nt believe how cack-handed I,d got and all I had to show was about a dozen tiny chub , then after gettin sick of bits I stopped using maggot and went on the corn and pellet , I got into a bit of a tussle with what I think was a barbel which took me into a snag , and next cast the same thing happened so I switched my attention to the near bank 25 feet upstream where I,d been feeding a little hemp and corn , I tried corn on the stick and first cast got a roach of about 12 ounces and so it went on for an hour and a half I must admit I lost more than I landed but ended up with 16 nice roach up to 1-3, then they just stopped feedin , really enjoyed it , tried to get some pics but a steep muddy bank made it hard , anyway heres the best .,

:)

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Re: a bit rusty

Postby Big Kev » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:54 pm

Nice net of roach there Mal....nice one :clap:
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound ...turbot...small eyed ray

FishingFreakJack
English A Level Prospect

Postby FishingFreakJack » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:32 pm

not many fish but good quality :clap: :clap: Do you know that you need a membership there i take it you are a member of dee anglers or a affilated club :?:

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:54 pm

Nice. :clap:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:55 pm

FishingFreakJack wrote:not many fish but good quality :clap: :clap: Do you know that you need a membership there i take it you are a member of dee anglers or a affilated club :?:

It is free fishing on the Farndon side above the bridge. :dance:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

mal wynne
Obsessed Poster

Postby mal wynne » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:49 pm

FishingFreakJack wrote:not many fish but good quality :clap: :clap: Do you know that you need a membership there i take it you are a member of dee anglers or a affilated club :?:

I,m a member of Llay AA and therefore affiliated , I,m also a bailiff so I know the score

Bens dad

Postby Bens dad » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:28 pm

caster over hemp - its the future.

FishingFreakJack
English A Level Prospect

Postby FishingFreakJack » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:07 pm

mal wynne wrote:

I,m a member of Llay AA and therefore affiliated , I,m also a bailiff so I know the score

Just wondering i am a affliated member of psac

Return to “River Fishing Reports”