Fleetwood

Lots of info for the North West venues.....thanks to Dave Kam for all of the Fylde marks

Moderator: John Petersen

mark17
Regular Poster

Fleetwood

Postby mark17 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:44 pm

Hi all,

I am after some advice please, I have some Ragworm and Razorfish and was thinking of fishing up to high water at Fleetwood next to the pier with the boat hanging off it on Saturday, the height of the tide will be 9.77m with an easterly breeze, will I be able to hold bottom in that size of tide there or would I be better served fishing the beach further up near the boating lake where the model boats are?

I haven’t fished in 6 months and need to get out and fancy a change from the Mersey.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
Mark

John Petersen
The Prisoner

Re: Fleetwood

Postby John Petersen » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:32 am

Mark,

The channel has shallowed up a lot, but in the past , that tide would be too big to hold bottom in the past, we would usually baulk at around the 8 - 8.5m mark. It might be OK now, but we haven't risked it on big tides to see if it's OK.

At that sort of tide, I would consider either Marine Beach ( but it could be weedy on such a big tide ) or at the Cadet Hut ( back of those lakes you mentioned ).

Although a big tide like that would see me at Fairhaven Lake at Lytham - flounder bashing from the back of my car ( if it's sunny it would very likely be very busy there though with holidaymakers ).
I am not a number !

Questions are a burden to others, answers a prison for oneself.

mark17
Regular Poster

Postby mark17 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:07 pm

Hi John,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, you have saved me from watching my lead swinging round the pier head by the sounds!

I think it could be cloudy, damp and cold so I do fancy giving Fairhaven Lake ago, it has been a long while since I caught a flounder, or any fish for that matter!

I will take a look on the site see what information I can find on fishing Fairhaven, hopefully rag and frozen lug will work?

Thanks
Mark

John Petersen
The Prisoner

Postby John Petersen » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:22 pm

Crab always works best there, but frozen lug and rag will catch too. Little slivers of mackerel will catch there too.

Secret bait - try mussels here too.

Fish it in - sea will be about a mile away while you tackle/bait up - it will be in when you’ve set up - fish it up and down again until sand shows again.
I am not a number !

Questions are a burden to others, answers a prison for oneself.

Return to “Merseyside/Fylde Coast/Cumbrian Venues/Directions”