Merseyside....Hale Lighthouse...high water mark

Lots of info for the North West venues.....thanks to Dave Kam for all of the Fylde marks

Moderator: John Petersen

morrow
Obsessed Poster

Merseyside....Hale Lighthouse...high water mark

Postby morrow » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:24 pm

A venue rarely fished by anglers which offers all the same as Oglet without the parking issues and the need to constantly look over your shoulder!

Flounder,Plaice,Sole,eels & Bass can all be caught during the summer months and Flounder,Whiting,Codling during the winter months
Fishing is done 2 hours before high to about 2 hours after i have found the fishing is at its best here during the flood also there is no tidal pull, There is a gully not to far out that has been there for years and unlike oglet not shifted yet

Note - The further to the RIGHT you go the longer you have to fish as the left empties quick

Preferred baits are rag and crab but lug and mackerel will also do well and the vast majority of rigs! I use a rolling lead close in and a gripper at range

Directions

Lighthouse Road, Hale, L24 4AZ Park in the carpark and walk down use the steps to the beach

Left here go past the child pub and follow the road all the way along
follow the rd
car park
go through the gate on foot walk to the bottom you will rach the lighthouse
steps/ramps to right of this sign

I fish from the right on the grass there are NO snags just mud close and a good cast will put you onto the sand bank
Species - Thornback Ray, Huss, Wrasse, Dogfish, Whiting, Mackerel, Flounder, Silver Eel, Dab, Pollock, Sea Scorpion, Common Blenny, Coalie , Rockling, Pouting, Conger Eel, Smoothound

Return to “Merseyside/Fylde Coast/Cumbrian Venues/Directions”