15/07/17..Gynn Wall..RNLI Trophy.

Match Results from BLAS

Moderator: sparky

Shacky
Team BLAS

15/07/17..Gynn Wall..RNLI Trophy.

Postby Shacky » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:51 pm

It was the return of the BLAS gang and where else to start it all off than the Gynn.
Heading out of the door it was raining, so i chucked my wet weather gear in the car. On to St Stephens to pick JP up and down to the usual spot. That was the plan anyway, it was packed. Paul had managed to fit in being there a lot earlier. We ended up some way back at the boating pool to the first steps.

Just me and JP had shown up, though i had a feeling others would show.

The terrain has changed near the pool, this is now the last area covered by the sea. It doesn't fish as good as it did. There is a bounus....Sole..! These fish seem to prefer the less turbulant water there..

As predicted people started to arrive, JagBob & his daughter joined us, then, Gold member (Austin) decided to put in a rare appearance..

We had just started fishing and Bagger turned up, eager to get going he was tackled up in a flash..

I was fishing two rods today and nominated my black rod for the match. This was armed with a 3/0 pulley pennel and my baits consisted of blackworm, peeler crab & mackerel. The white rod had a 3 hook flapper, size 4 hooks and the same baits in smaller portions.
The weed today was horrendus..! That green silky stuff, we had no choice but to grin and bare it.
It took an hour and fourty minutes to see any sign of a fish, the black rod produced the goods. A bit on the small side, but a start..

Another wait for the second to appear and Bagger was doing the merry dance. This was his first ever and one for the AA species hunt..

It was by now getting near high water and there was a glimer of hope. My rod gave the unmistakable quiver of a sole bite..

Paul popped along to see how we were doing, he had faired better than us with 2 bass & 4 tope. As the flow eased a better fish surrendered to my blackworm..

The ebb started, austin & bob got their thinking caps on..

Jp and bagger trying their best..

The ebb had fast become a non event, Austin called it a day..

Then bob landed a sizeable in Plaice, which regained our enthusiasm. Though we had to wait for the last half hour for some action. I managed this fish, notice anything weird ?

It had been hooked in the tail..

Bagger had the urge to get one more for the AA list, only one of these anyone needs..

And that was us. We had a couple of rain showers throughout the day, but that green weed was the downer. Good to meet up with all again and even had a visit of Daz running the Blackpool & Lanc's match.

JP will be posting the result.
2017 Species Hunt....Dab, Whiting, Rockling, Plaice, Flounder, Dogfish, Bass, Tope, Sole, Tub Gurnard, Turbot.

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Re: 15/07/17..Gynn Wall..RNLI Trophy.

Postby Steve Duffy » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:03 pm

Great report Shacky. :clap: :clap: Some nice sole. :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Return to “Blackpool & Layton, Match Reports with Pictures”