Allan Marklew

General information as well as Match Dates for the NWASAC

Moderator: heather

heather
Obsessed Poster

Allan Marklew

Postby heather » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:54 pm

Hello all,
I am sorry to give you the sad news that our former treasurer and Association stalwart, Allan Marklew is seriously ill in the Coronary Care Unit at Fazakerly Hospital. Allan has not enjoyed the best of health in recent years but has maintained a keen interest in the NWASAC and Sefton SAC. He is an honorary Life Member of the P.M.s.
I am sure everyone wishes him the best and hope that he will recover soon. I am sending a card on behalf of the NWASAC.
Richard.

Richard Burrow, N.W.A.S.A.C. P.M.s Secretary
richardburrow@macunlimited.net

© 2013 Microsoft

Algenon
Regular Poster

Re: Allan Marklew

Postby Algenon » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:33 am

The sad news is that Allan has passed away, this stalwart of sea angling in the north west will always be remembered as a true gent and great ambassador of the sport we all love.

Funeral details are as follows:

Tuesday 16th July
St Thomas Church
Lydiate

Deepest condolences to his family.
Regards

Alan

live to fish, fish to keep sane

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:20 pm

Sad news.....only really knew Alan from getting my dock permit and fishing the Fur n Feather,but he was always very helpful,and obviously did a great deal for local angling via NWASAC. :cry:
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod

Paul Green
Regular Poster

Postby Paul Green » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:41 pm

I'm sorry to hear that. Allan was a great man who was always helpful and did so much for both the association and Sefton. Allan helped me a lot when I was younger and used to give me lifts to club meetings each week. In fact the last match I fished in I was paired with Allan and we won the Wilkonson Sword, good memories.

It's a sad loss to local angling. My condolences to his family.

Trishy
Obsessed Poster

Postby Trishy » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:18 am

Loads of great memories from fishing with Allan. A big loss for the Angling community.

vinny121
Regular Poster

Postby vinny121 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:15 am

Also remember getting my Dock Permit through Allan, My condolences to his family.

JimColeman
Regular Poster

Postby JimColeman » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:13 pm

I find it very sad that somebody of Alan calibre has died yet so few seem to realise how important he was to anglers on Merseyside. When we successfully negotiated access rights to the docks back in the early 80's that deal would never had worked without Alan, he devised the permit system and successfully administered it until ill health caught up with him. To me his work deserved a gong of some sort, some get them for far less, you can imagine the attitude of some wanting permits and had either not paid or completed the application form correctly they tried abuse, it was like water off a ducks back to Alan, they did it his way or they didn't get a permit. He epitomised the unsung hero, a man with tons of integrity, charm and a ram rod back bone. The NWASAC would never have been successful without him he was that important, he was the NWASAC for many years.

He was a midlander, loved his fishing but never seemed to get the chance to do as much as he wanted to. He was general manager at Vactite in Bootle until it went the way of so many concerns in GEC group. I used see him as a regularly going round the local car boots buying tackle and then selling it off for charity, you certainly won't see his likes again unfortunately, fishing has lost a superb stalwart and I have lost a really good mate.

My sincere condolences go out to his wife 'the boss' Eileen, a lovely lady with a great sense of humour,she needed it with Alan and to his two children, rest in peace old son you were one of the best pal and I for one will miss you greatly.

gilly111
Obsessed Poster

Postby gilly111 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:44 am

Sounds like a great man RIP
2015 kayak fishing
Watch this space

Return to “Latest Information and Match Dates for the NWASAC”