The Sad passing of our President

General information as well as Match Dates for the NWASAC

Moderator: heather

heather
Obsessed Poster

The Sad passing of our President

Postby heather » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:20 pm

Hello all.
I am very sorry to have to tell you all that our President and great friend, John Williams, passed away earlier today after suffering a heart attack in hospital.As many of you know, John was taken ill with pancreatitis before Christmas and did not really respond well to treatment despite the best efforts of staff at Arrowe Park Hospital.Our thoughts are with John's son Robert and his family. I will keep you informed of funeral arrangements when the date is known.

Trishy
Obsessed Poster

Re: The Sad passing of our President

Postby Trishy » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:57 pm

Very sad, John was a gentleman and will be missed by all.

kennymac
Regular Poster

Postby kennymac » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:18 pm

Sorry to hear that news, on the rare occasions I fished alongside John he always had great advice to give on fishing techniques, and there were times when i just parked up in my car overlooking the Mersey opposite the old Chelsea Reach Night Club and every now and then i would spot John and his wife sitting in there car staring across the Mersey into oblivion taking in the calm the sea and the beach does to us all. Kenny
If in doubt..

heather
Obsessed Poster

Postby heather » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:44 am

Hello All,

For those wishing to say there farewells to John, the funeral is taking place at Landican Crematorium Arrowe Park on Mon 28th January at 12 noon.

The family has requested no cards, There will be a box in the chapel to take donations for New Brighton RNLI.

Cheers

Return to “Latest Information and Match Dates for the NWASAC”