Some Sad News

General information as well as Match Dates for the NWASAC

Moderator: heather

chriswsf
El Presidente

Some Sad News

Postby chriswsf » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:04 am

I have just had a phone call regarding Tommy Kavangh (Tucker) sadly he passed away on Thursday evening, as many will know Tommy from his NWASAC days i have posted the information here, the person that has phoned me has been unable to contact Johnny Waugh and the likes but is hopping to get hold of Billy today, also as you may know Tommy had both his legs removed but never let that stop him from his beloved sport.
Once i have any information regarding funeral arragments i will of course post them up.

Our thoughts and sympathies are with Tuckers friends and family at this very sad time

Chris
Last edited by chriswsf on Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

heather
Obsessed Poster

Postby heather » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:15 am

How sad, Tommy was a member of the Wirral Rod Benders and a stalwart member of the NWASAC for many years, a great charactor who will be sadly missed.
Bill & I would like to express our condolences to his family.

Trishy
Obsessed Poster

Postby Trishy » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:13 pm

Sorry to hear the sad news. I remember Tommy from years ago, Good angler and nice guy.

chriswsf
El Presidente

Postby chriswsf » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:54 pm

funny guy he deffo was, i remembe his first leg being removed and he was determined to carry on fishing as that is what he loved (heather did the same after her illness) and hats off to both of them!, but the best laugh of all was when the lads in the pub / club he was in at the time all bought him 1 slipper and 1 sock for Christmas, some may have taken offence but Tucker laughed it off, everytime he came in the shop he was always full off beans and had high spirits, his brother passed away a few months ago so at least they are togetjer again.

I liked Tucker he said what he meant and was not scared of telling you (rings a bell) so again rest in peace my old mate - who is going to give me hassle over the crabs now !!!

I need to speak with John the chairman of NWASAC (heather can you PM me a number) and once i have done so i will arrange a memorial match.

chriswsf
El Presidente

Postby chriswsf » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:17 pm

Funeral Arrangements

Tuckers Funeral will be Held at 2pm in the North Chapel at Landican on Tuesday 1st September, anyone who new tucker over the years is welcome to attend.

flanagan
Obsessed Poster

Postby flanagan » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:31 pm

thanks tommy you were a good mate well miss you ex rod bender capt richie flanagan :cry:

JimColeman
Regular Poster

Re: Some Sad News

Postby JimColeman » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:11 pm

I fished with Tom for many years having been one of the founder members of Rodbenders. The lad would go fishing at the drop of a hat just ask him and he was ready. He was the original permit checker on the dock estates. Having spent many years drinking voddy with Tommy I'm sad to say that I only found out about his parting long after the event, hard as nails, tough and cheerful Tom was always a pleasure. I recall his first brush with doctors when they discovered he had a heart problem, we went and stuck ABU stickers all over his monitors. When he came out of hospital the first thing he did was fish a NWASAC match at the Alex. Tom was never the most vigilant of anglers, notorious for leaving his rod. On this occasion he had set up on top of an enormous pile of timber, quiet tide he wandered off, we tied line to the bottom of his rod pulled it so Tom took off like someone trying to win the Krypton factor, typically Tom took the joke in good spirit as he sat recovering from an angina attack. I'm just sad I never got a chance to say good bye RIP mate

Return to “Latest Information and Match Dates for the NWASAC”