Match Report- 2nd round of NWASAC Personal Members Championship 2017, 30.4,17, Crosby, Merseyside (34 rods).
A strong south easterly breeze kept the fish well offshore but there were flounders, whiting, rockling and dogfish on offer at the unique brick beach just outside the mouth of the Mersey Estuary.The best dogfish fell to to Stafford matchman, Dave Shorthouse who was runner-up in Zone B but the winner was Preston's Start Dewhurst who won that same zone with a length to weight score of 188 pts, narrowly beating England International, Bill Lindfield who won Zone A.
As a bonus, Stuart also pocketed the Golden Peg jackpot!
After two rounds, reigning Junior Champion, Emily Garrett, is chasing Heather Lindfield in the points.
Results: (scored in continental style from 2 zones:
1. Stuart Dewhurst (Preston), 188 pts, 3 whiting, 2 flounders, 1 dogfish (Zone B).
2. Bill Lindfield (Greasby), 184 pts., 3 flounders, 2 whiting, 1 dogfish (Zone A).
3. Dave Shorthouse (Stafford), 171 pts, 2 whiting, 2 flounders, 1 dogfish (Zone B).
4. Heather Lindfield (Greasby), 130 pts, 3 flounders (Zone A).
5. Alan Illman (Southport), 128, 2 flounders, 5 whiting.
6. Ian Welsh (Liverpool), 102, 4 flounders.
Heaviest roundfish: D. Shorthouse, lesser spotted dogfish, 940 gms.
Heaviest flatfish: equal, Lee Thornton (Southport) & H. Lindfield, both flounders of 640 gms.
Championship after two rounds:
1. H. Lindfield, 47 points.
2. Emily Garrett (Bootle), 40.
3. B. Lindfield, 35.
4. Steve Trish (Bootle) & Paul Bonner (West Kirby), both 31.
6. John Waugh (Wallasey), 29.
1. B. & H. Lindfield, 82.
2. J. Waugh & Carl Edwards (Bootle), 51.
3. S. Trish & Les Trish (Crosby), 49.
Match Results for the NWASAC PM's Section
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests