Match Report- 4th round of NWASAC Personal Members Championship 2014, Sat 3.5.14, Bagillt Cob, Flintshire (44 rods).
The match was fished at the former Penn final venue of Bagillt Cob, a couple of miles upriver on the Dee Estuary from the intended venue, Greenfield where construction work to extend the North Wales cycle path is blocking access. Bagillt Cob consists of an eroding grassy bank with intermittent creeks and gives access to the Dee channel
Most of the 44 anglers found catches of flounders, eels, whiting, dabs and small codling to peeler crab. Grimsby matchman, Karl Nangle drew downriver peg 1 and caught eight codling, two flounders, two eels and two whiting for a winning length to weight conversion total of 2910 grams. Runner-up was Rhyl's Jimmy Price, making quite an impact in his comeback season, topping Zone B and taking the roundfish pool with a sizeable codling.
Results (scored in continental style from 2 zones):
1. Karl Nangle (Grimsby), 291 pts. (Zone A), 8 codling, 2 flounders, 2 eels & 2 whiting.
2. Jimmy Price (Rhyl), 220 (Zone B), 3 eels, 2 codling &1 flounder.
3. Ian Griffiths (Eastham), 284, 14 codling, 3 eels, 1 flounder, 1 whiting.
4. Mike Hughes (Bangor), 192, 3 eels, 2 whiting, 1 dab.
5. Gary Hutson (Grimsby), 236, 4 whiting, 2 codling & 1 flounder.
6. Les Trish (Crosby), 186, 2 flounders, 2 whiting, 2 eels & 1 codling.
Roundfish Pool: J. Price, codling, 43 points.
Flatfish Pool: equal, Gary Hughes (Bangor), Bill Lindfield (Greasby), Heather Lindfield (Greasby) & Tom Whitehead (Workington), all flounders of 74 points.
Series after four rounds:
1. B. Lindfield, 92 points.
2. Joe Perry (Litherland), 86.
3. I. Griffiths, 85.
4. H. Lindfield, 80.
5. John Waugh (Wallasey), 77.
6. Andy Hopkinson (Eastham), 63.
7. John S. Williams (Prenton), 59.
8. Carl Edwards (Bootle), 53.
9. L. Trish, 53.
10. John Baguley (Wallasey) & Joe McCarthy (Seaforth), 51 each.
1. B. & H. Lindfield,172
2. Baguley & Griffiths, 136
3. Edwards/Waugh, 130
Richard Burrow, N.W.A.S.A.C. Press Officer
Match Results for the NWASAC PM's Section
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests