Match Report: 7th Round of NWASAC Personal Members Championship 2013, Sun 14.7.13, Otterspool, Liverpool (34 rods).
On hot, breezy day, the popular promenade venue was on poor form for July with fish scarce on most pegs, however, Shane Russell made a good start with seven fish in the first hour and a double header on his penultimate cast sealed the win, seeing off a strong challenge from John Waugh at the opposite end of the zone.
Shane added another prize to his tally by winning the golden peg jackpot of £267.
With only three matches left, there is a tie on points between two Wirral anglers, Bill Lindfield and John Baguley.
Results (scored in continental style from 2 zones):
1. Shane Russell (Colwyn Bay), 486 pts (Zone A), 7 flounders, 2 eels.
2. John S. Williams (Prenton, Birkenhead), 165 pts (Zone B), 5 eels, 1 flounder, 1 whiting.
3. John Waugh (Wallasey), 262 pts (Zone A), 6 flounders, 2 eels.
4. Mike Flanagan (Wallasey), 141 pts (Zone B), 2 flounders, 1 eel.
5. Stuart Dewhurst (Preston), 169 pts (Zone A), 3 eels, 1 flounder.
6. Yilmaz (Morecambe), 140 pts (Zone B), 6 eels.
Roundfish pool: S. Russell, flounder, 40 cms/ 74 pts.
Flatfish pool: J.S. Williams, whiting, 25 cms/ 12 points.
Championship after 7 rounds:
1. equal, Bill Lindfield (Greasby) & John Baguley (Wallasey), both 120 points.
3. Joe Perry (Litherland), 116.
4. Carl Edwards (Bootle), 106.
5. J. Waugh, 101.
6. Derek Bibby (Crosby), 98
Pairs: Waugh/Edwards, 207 points.
Richard Burrow, N.W.A.S.A.C. P.M.s Secretary
Match Results for the NWASAC PM's Section
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest