Match Report: Final round of N.W.A.S.A.C. Personal Members Championship 2012, Sat 10.11.12, Talacre, Flintshire (24 rods).
A perfect calm and sunny autumn day provided the setting for this final round of what has been a competitive 2012 championship. Talacre is known as a productive venue but competitors on this low water beach at the mouth of the Welsh Dee were almost overwhelmed with fish with whiting and a sprinkling of dabs coming two at a time to worm and mackerel baits.
Despite achieving a hard fought win from upriver Zone B over up and coming matchman Chris Mason in Zone A, Joe Perry had to concede the championship to Carl Edwards whose consistency throughout the year has paid off.
Interestingly, the top three in the championship this year live within a couple of miles of each other on the Liverpool side of the Mersey.
Results (scored in continental style from two zones):
1. Joe Perry (Litherland), 1425 cms, 50 whiting, 2 dabs.
2. Chris Mason (Aigburth), 1330 cms, 50 whiting, 4 dabs.
3. John Baguley (Wallasey), 1359 cms, 35 whiting, 4 dabs.
4. Gordon Thornes (Connah’s Quay), 1300 cms, 44 whiting, 6 dabs.
5. Bill Lindfield (Greasby), 1270 cms, 45 whiting,3 dabs.
6. Joe McCarthy (Walton), 1281 cms, 48 whiting, 3 dabs.
Roundfish pool: equal, J. Perry & B. Lindfield, whiting of 37 cms.
Flatfish pool: John S. Williams (Prenton), dab, 31 cms.
Series final standings (top 10, will receive trophies):
1. Carl Edwards (Bootle), 164 points.
2. J. McCarthy, 162.
3. J. Perry, 159.
4. John Waugh (Wallasey), 156.
5. B. Lindfield, 155.
6. J.S. Williams, 147.
7. Les Trish (Crosby), 141.
8. Ian Griffiths (Eastham), 134.
9. James Kelly (Thingwall), 128.
10. Richard Burrow (Ashton-under-Lyne), 120.
Pairs Championship: Edwards/ Waugh, 363 points.
Liverpool University/ Environment Agency Mersey Cup (matches within Mersey Estuary):
J. Waugh, 115 points.
Richard Burrow, N.W.A.S.A.C. Press Officer
Match Results for the NWASAC PM's Section
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Thanks Heather. Thank you to Richie and the NWASAC for running the series and a big well done to Carl, Joe and Joe.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests