Match Report: 9th Round of N.W.A.S.A.C. Personal Members Championship 2012, Sun 14.10.12, Vale Park Bank, New Brighton (28 rods).
The penultimate round of the championship was fished on a fine calm day on the low water bank fronting the Mersey Estuary channel. As usual, the upriver high numbered pegs were more productive with Gordon Thornes’ end peg 32 providing him with a resounding win with a 28 fish bag of good sized whiting and dabs.
Carl Edwards’ second cast thornback (to lug and mackerel) helped him to maintain his series lead but the challenge to his first championship remains from multiple winner, John Waugh; the matter will be settled at the final round at Talacre on November 10th.
Results (scored in continental style from 2 zones):
1. Gordon Thornes (Connah’s Quay), 725 cms, 21 whiting, 7 dabs.
2. John Waugh (Wallasey), 305 cms, 7 dabs, 6 whiting.
3. Joe Perry (Litherland), 475 cms, 17 whiting, 3 dabs.
4. Ben Harrison (Ashton-in-Makerfield), 245 cms, 7 whiting, 2 dabs.
5. Carl Edwards (Bootle), 451 cms, 11 whiting, 4 dabs, 1 thornback ray.
6. Dave Campbell (Higher Bebington), 212 cms, 5 dabs, 4 whiting.
Roundfish Pool: C. Edwards, thornback ray, 66 cms.
Flatfish Pool: John S. Williams (Prenton), flounder 35 cms.
Net scores after 9 rounds:
1. C. Edwards, 162 points.
2. J. Waugh, 155.
3. Joe McCarthy (Walton), 143.
4. J.S. Williams: 141.
5. J. Perry, 135.
6. Bill Lindfield (Greasby), 134.
1. Edwards/ Waugh, 333 points.
2. Ian Griffiths (Eastham) & James Kelly (Thingwall), 260.
3. Heather & Bill Lindfield, 208.
Richard Burrow, N.W.A.S.A.C. Press Officer
Match Results for the NWASAC PM's Section
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
thanks Heather, still all to fish for in the last match lads! Unfortunately, I can't make that one, too far for me to walk yet
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest