Match Report: 8th Round of N.W.A.S.A.C. Personal Members Championship, Sun 23.9.12, Vale Park Promenade, New Brighton (26 rods).
A lack of tide flow and an cold easterly wind contributed to a scarcity of fish but there were a few good sized late season plaice on offer with Bill Lindfield’s 42 cms specimen winning the flatfish pool from Zone A. Meanwhile, Les Trish had landed a sizeable bass early in the match from Zone B to take the roundfish pool.
The match developed into a close contest between Wirral anglers Steve Bonner and Bill Lindfield which was settled by Steve’s last cast flounder for a win by 10 centimetres.
The ever consistent Carl Edwards earned sufficient points by his 10th place to maintain his series lead with two matches left.
Results (scored in continental style from 2 zones):
1. Steve Bonner (Wallasey), 157 cms, 3 plaice, 2 flounders.
2. Les Trish (Crosby), 117 cms, 1 flounder, 1 bass, 1 plaice.
3. Bill Lindfield (Greasby), 147 cms, 4 flounders, 1 plaice.
4. Dave Campbell (Higher Bebington), 66 cms, 1 flounder, 1 plaice.
5. James Kelly (Greasby), 94 cms, 4 flounders.
6. John S. Williams (Prenton), 64 cms, 2 flounders.
Series after 8 rounds:
1. Carl Edwards (Bootle), 150 points.
2. J.S. Williams, 140.
3. John Waugh (Wallasey), 138.
4. L. Trish, 133.
5. Joe McCarthy (Walton), 126.
6. Ian Griffiths (Eastham), 124.
1. Edwards/ Waugh, 288.
2. Griffiths/ Kelly, 250.
3. Heather & Bill Lindfield, 189.
Richard Burrow, N.W.A.S.A.C. Press Officer
Match Results for the NWASAC PM's Section
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
thanks Heather and Richard. Enjoyed it even though it was a tough match
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests