NWASAC 2 Day Open results, Otterspool, 3rd & 4th Dec 2011

Match Results for NWASAC

Moderator: heather

heather
Obsessed Poster

NWASAC 2 Day Open results, Otterspool, 3rd & 4th Dec 2011

Postby heather » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:30 pm

The NWASAC TWO Day Festival took place on Sat 3rd and Sun 4th Dec in very wet and windy conditions. This match firmly set on the match anglers calendar for the past 18yrs attracted 96 Top anglers and internationals from all corners of England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales and the Isle of Man.
The event was fished as two individual matches with a super pool based on zone positions over two days.
International east coast angler George smith from Grimsby took the 2 day championship with 2 zone wins catching 49 codling and whiting over 2 days, taking home the two day trophy, anyfish anywhere rod and a total of £755.
International east coast angler Neville Charlesworth was runner up, with two second in zones, winning him a total of £520.
International Bill Lindfield from Greasby trotted home in third place with a second and 3rd winning him a total of £390.
8 Zone winners each took home £160, 8 second in zone £110, 8 third in zones £80.
The two biggest fish each day won £150 and £70 respectively.
Many thanks to our sponsors, Malcolm Scullion of Bass Boots, Anyfish Anywhere and Sea Angler, there donations were very much appreciated.

Sat Zone A
1ST, Wayne McGilloway 433cm
2nd, Neville Charlesworth. 295cm
3rd, Stuart Dewhurst 278cm

Sat Zone B

1st, David Rowe 476cm
2nd, Gordon Thornes 400cm
3rd, Justin Mitchell 364cm

Sat Zone c

1st, Kevin Berber 266cm
2nd, Bill Lindfield 237cm
3rd, Michael Brookes 227cm

Sat Zone D

1st, George smith 818cm
2nd, Ian Brookes 504cm
3rd, Shaun Golightly 486cm

Biggest Fish, Stuart Dewhurst 51cm Cod
2nd Biggest, joint , Ian Brooks, George Smith 50cm Cod

Sunday
Zone A

1st, George Smith 569cm
2nd, Gary Woods 409cm
3rd, Bill Lindfield 356cm

Zone B

1st, Ian Ryecroft 504cm
2nd, Isaac Muir 326cm
3rd, Gareth Griffiths 280cm

Zone C

1st, Mike Ryecroft 307cm
2nd, Dion McFadden 292cm
3rd, Heather 276cm

Zone D

1st, Steve Trish 482cm
2nd, Neville Charlesworth 465cm
3rd, Stuart Dewhurst 362cm

Biggest Fish, Ian Reynolds 55cm Cod
2nd biggest Gary Hughes 51cm

My appreciation to local anglers who avoided fishing this stretch of the promenade over the 2 days, it is one less of a headache for me, cheers lads. :love:
Next years dates for two day 8th & 9th Dec 2012

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Re: NWASAC 2 Day Open results, Otterspool, 3rd & 4th Dec 201

Postby Steve Duffy » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:35 pm

Thanks for that Heather. :dance: Hope Bill took you for a drink. :lol:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Trishy
Obsessed Poster

Postby Trishy » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:41 pm

Thanks Heather, really enjoyed the match, made up with my zone win and just figured out i was 4th overall. Any chance you could confirm this for me Heather? :love: Top class match and really well run looking forward to next year

Ozzie
I never smile !

Postby Ozzie » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:09 am

Well done Trishy and to all who took part Looks like the Brookys did well on the saturday as well :) :) :) :) :)

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:51 pm

Great effort by all in those conditions...got to take your hat off to George Smith,he can catch fish in a toilet....well done again Heather for all your work and your section placing :clap: :clap:
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound ...turbot...small eyed ray

JAGS
Obsessed Poster

Postby JAGS » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:54 pm

[quote="Big Kev"]Great effort by all in those conditions...got to take your hat off to George Smith,he can catch fish in a toilet....well done again Heather for all your work and your section placing :clap: :clap:

you can say that again kev he certainly could find the fish
hes a good lad too fished next to him on sunday . i had a stonking cod he took time out to try and net it but in those conditions it was imposible
to get it in sadly it spat the hook :( but a great 2 dayer again and i did win the top raffle prize to ease the pain :dance:
and well done to all who enterd :clap:
http://www.buccaneersbac.com/index.php
THE BOAT ANGLING COMMUNITY
HOME OF THE SAN MIGUEL

JimColeman
Regular Poster

Postby JimColeman » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:44 pm

Being a former chairman of the Assoc and match organiser it is fantastic to see matches are continuing in very capable and expert hands. Congratulations to all concerned especially Heather who seems to have done all the vital footwork :D :clap:

heather
Obsessed Poster

Postby heather » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:26 pm

Hello Jim,
We have not met, but Bill remembers you when he first joined the association back in the 80s.
Thanks for the comments, but we always say, Bill is the brains behind the matches, and I do the donkey work.
The association is still going strong with over 150 personal members and some of the old commitee is still there but earlier this year Allan Marklew finally retired, which left a huge gap, as he did so much for the association, he still keeps in touch with us.
Hope you are keeping well.

heather
Obsessed Poster

Postby heather » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:35 pm

Trishy wrote:Thanks Heather, really enjoyed the match, made up with my zone win and just figured out i was 4th overall. Any chance you could confirm this for me Heather? :love: Top class match and really well run looking forward to next year

There were two of you on 6 points, but you got it on fish count so well done :clap:

Trishy
Obsessed Poster

Postby Trishy » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:13 pm

Thanks Heather made up with that. Hello Jim you may not remember me, fished the association leagues with my dad, Les, in the mid 80s when i was a kid Got back into it about 7 years ago. Are you going to dust your rods off and come and give it a go? All the best . Steve Trish

JimColeman
Regular Poster

Postby JimColeman » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:30 pm

heather wrote:Hello Jim,
We have not met, but Bill remembers you when he first joined the association back in the 80s.
Thanks for the comments, but we always say, Bill is the brains behind the matches, and I do the donkey work.
The association is still going strong with over 150 personal members and some of the old commitee is still there but earlier this year Allan Marklew finally retired, which left a huge gap, as he did so much for the association, he still keeps in touch with us.
Hope you are keeping well.

If my addled brain is correct Bill joined from Irby SAC and served under Eric Dunne who was my successor. That was back in the days of trying to contain the spread of mono gill nets, staggeringly politicians now recognise that we had a point. I backed off matches the more I became involved in the row over mercury pollution and I still won't eat fish from the river if they are 'resident species' I see Alan from time to time as he lives local to me, I became a missionary in these parts from Gods country, Wirral.

Could you please pass my heart felt regard on to all that are silly enough to remember me in the Association and tell Bill he has done an excellent job.

JimColeman
Regular Poster

Postby JimColeman » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:19 pm

Trishy wrote:Thanks Heather made up with that. Hello Jim you may not remember me, fished the association leagues with my dad, Les, in the mid 80s when i was a kid Got back into it about 7 years ago. Are you going to dust your rods off and come and give it a go? All the best . Steve Trish

Young Trish junior, sorry only just noticed your post Steve. I remember you well and your dad always updates me on your progress when I see him at car boots 'God Jim you want to see the size of him now' and thats one of the nice things he says about you ha ha ha ha. I've caught a few over recent weeks but alas my health will keep me away from matches, not got that strength these days, been replaced by a dicky ticker. I may just have a go at an Open but as I have to rely on shop baits I'm handicaped before I start. Nice to hear from Steve and look after your dad, he is one of the best around lad but you'll know that anyway

Return to “NWASAC Match Results”