Penn Power Stix

We'd love to hear what you have to say about your rods
AndyJ
WSF STUNT MAN

Penn Power Stix

Postby AndyJ » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:17 pm

Hi Folks, I've been offered a Penn Power Stix 13ft, 4-6 Oz rated, 3 piece Rod, complete with rod bag and Penn Tube, and it's set up for FS or Multi..
It's a nice looking rod, with adjustable reel seat etc, and it's in great condition too.
The original owner of this rod has died, so his mate is selling it to raise money for Cancer Research.
Any thoughts on these Rods please folks? It would be a good addition to our Camping set up, but before forking out, would be good to get the thoughts from the people on here.
Thanks,
Andy

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Re: Penn Power Stix

Postby Steve Duffy » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:37 am

Heard nothing about it Andy.Maybe some of the other lads can help.
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

TCBLUE777
Regular Poster

Postby TCBLUE777 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:44 am

:thumbsup: HI Andy i upto very recently had one of these just gave it to my mate as i got a zziplex "happy days" had mine for 5 years took it everywhere bought it on recommendation from Chris from moreton angling for the price can be used with multi or fixed as you say they are "brilliant" in my opinion my mate is made up he has just starting fishing he think's it is great very light to hold handy with the tube can be thrown into the car he is buying another one soon hope this helps Andy :D

AndyJ
WSF STUNT MAN

Postby AndyJ » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:05 pm

Thanks Folks, Graham who's selling this rod tells me the original owner paid £200 for it, and wants £100 for it now...
But, I've been told they can be bought for around £100 new now, and I haven't had a chance to take on the field today to try it....

Ken the PACMAN
Obsessed Poster

Postby Ken the PACMAN » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:12 pm

Its the same rod as the just recently discontinued Penn renegade series. It's a £100 ish rod which is a decent all rounder for the price,a lot of people like them because they fit in the car easier and we have sold a fair few over the last 5 years with only one problem I know of which was a loose reel seat not from a rod not bought from us or it would have been replaced.
Live to Fish - Fish to Live
King Cod Swansea 2004
www.prescotanglingcentre.co.uk
0151-426-5011.
You can also find us on Facebook...just... Prescot Angling Centre.

AndyJ
WSF STUNT MAN

Postby AndyJ » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:02 pm

Thanks for that Ken, bought the rod a decent price in the end, as, like you say, being a 3 piecer, it'll live in our Folding Camper easily.
That and a telescopic tripod, will solve the performance of strapping my 2 piece rods and big tripod on top every time we go down to Tywyn.
All I need to take then is a small box, and now that Barry's Fishing Tackle has gone, it'll have to be salted baits from home, as Mrs J won't have frozen/fresh bait in the fridge/freezer thing :roll:
Thanks all...

Ken the PACMAN
Obsessed Poster

Postby Ken the PACMAN » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:02 pm

I meant Rampage not Renegade that's an Abu name :D
The Rampage is back again in the new year in a fetching red colour 8)
Live to Fish - Fish to Live
King Cod Swansea 2004
www.prescotanglingcentre.co.uk
0151-426-5011.
You can also find us on Facebook...just... Prescot Angling Centre.

Crossbones
Obsessed Poster

Postby Crossbones » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:21 pm

Just bought one of these to replace my knackered 'powerstix', different name and quite a lively red and black colour scheme, but essentially exactly the same piece of kit. The last one hauled out my pb 4lb 7oz cod up bromb wall and a 2lb 9oz plaice at Mostyn and too many mack to count off the island - can sling a 4oz and feathers a country mile. Fits in the car too.....
Simon

Return to “The Rod Room”