Rod Repair Service - GAZZ3R is your man!

We'd love to hear what you have to say about your rods
AndyJ
WSF STUNT MAN

Re: Rod Repair Service - GAZZ3R is your man!

Postby AndyJ » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:38 pm

Hi Gazzer, quick question after todays nightmare at THS in the match, my Conoflex Welsh Wizard went over in the wind, chipping 3 rings, have you got the thread to sort it please?
If so, another job for you please!!
Thanks,
Andy

GAZZ3R
Obsessed Poster

Postby GAZZ3R » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:39 am

Hiya Andy, there are 100s of different makes and shades of threads on the market, unfortunately to match it it would be almost impossible unless its black, if you know what colour was used originally then that can narrow things down a bit,if I can match the whipping colour then yes I can do it for you.
Sea Fishing is the Dogs Danglies :D

GAZZ3R
Obsessed Poster

Postby GAZZ3R » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:49 pm

Did you buy the rod new Andy, if so where from?

AndyJ
WSF STUNT MAN

Postby AndyJ » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:02 pm

Thanks for the reply Gaz, yes bought the rod new from Malcom at Anglesey Bait in Beaumaris.
I'm going to the Island tomorrow with work, so I can drop in and ask him, or I will check the Conoflex website?
Thanks, Andy

Adam Roper
Obsessed Poster

Postby Adam Roper » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:15 pm

Gaz the jobs are building up thick and fast for you here :lol: But..........

I have an old Paul Kerry blank that has sat in the shed for a few years which used to be my dad's. Its in a pretty rough and ready state however the blank is fantastic for flatties and bass.

Would you be prepared to strip it down and rebuild it for me? It would need a full re-build I reckon looking at the state it's in. Happy to have a chat about price etc over the phone if you prefer?

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:47 pm

I've just had my Zippy HST done by Gazz3r and it is like new.Fantastic job.Just have to be a bit more careful in future. :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

GAZZ3R
Obsessed Poster

Postby GAZZ3R » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:17 pm

AndyJ wrote:Thanks for the reply Gaz, yes bought the rod new from Malcom at Anglesey Bait in Beaumaris.
I'm going to the Island tomorrow with work, so I can drop in and ask him, or I will check the Conoflex website?
Thanks, Andy

Ok Andy it would be great if u could ask Malcolm, he may be able to give you details of the original builder, that would be a great help.

AndyJ
WSF STUNT MAN

Postby AndyJ » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:46 pm

Hello again Gaz, spoke to Malcom at ABC, his rod builder built the rod... Left him my number, and he is going to contact me, maybe the weekend.
Talking with Malcom, he was telling me that the Last Conoflex Red Dragon had been ordered from Conoflex, and hadn't been bought as yet..
I got home, thought about it for 30 seconds, Phoned ABC, and my new Rod arrived at Beaumaris today, so a day off work Friday and off to pick it up :dance: :dance: :dance: ...
But will it need a new reel to match the shiny new rod? Oh yeh, and that's why I have a part time job as well as working full time.. :lol:

GAZZ3R
Obsessed Poster

Postby GAZZ3R » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:53 pm

Ah nice one Andy, I lost count how many times my zzippy's have been over, nothin like gettin your rod back lookin like new again :thumbsup:

GAZZ3R
Obsessed Poster

Postby GAZZ3R » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:55 pm

Sorry Any, you gettin a brand spanker?

AndyJ
WSF STUNT MAN

Postby AndyJ » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:48 pm

Talking with Malcolm about Conoflex rods etc, and mine being the Welsh Wizard, the next generation is the Red Dragon, and he had bought the Last one that day, to be Delivered Thursday. Got home, had a think, as you do :thumbsup: , phoned him and reserved it. Picked it up Friday, lovely rod, and as everyone on here knows that shiny new toy feeling :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trishy
Obsessed Poster

Postby Trishy » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:04 am

Unfortunately , conoflex are ceasing to trade at the end of March , so treasure those rods Andy as they will be the last around. Got two conoflex rods , a flattie fanatic and a frenzy 15 ft model . Great rods that have accounted for lots of fish and happy times for me and my lads. Sad times for British rod building

GAZZ3R
Obsessed Poster

Postby GAZZ3R » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:27 am

Trishy wrote:Unfortunately , conoflex are ceasing to trade at the end of March , so treasure those rods Andy as they will be the last around. Got two conoflex rods , a flattie fanatic and a frenzy 15 ft model . Great rods that have accounted for lots of fish and happy times for me and my lads. Sad times for British rod building
Definitely sad for British rod making, do you reckon they will become collectors items?

Trishy
Obsessed Poster

Postby Trishy » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:58 am

GAZZ3R wrote:
Trishy wrote:Unfortunately , conoflex are ceasing to trade at the end of March , so treasure those rods Andy as they will be the last around. Got two conoflex rods , a flattie fanatic and a frenzy 15 ft model . Great rods that have accounted for lots of fish and happy times for me and my lads. Sad times for British rod building
Definitely sad for British rod making, do you reckon they will become collectors items?

Possibly, going to look after mine , just in case!

AndyJ
WSF STUNT MAN

Postby AndyJ » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:28 pm

Trishy wrote:
GAZZ3R wrote:

Possibly, going to look after mine , just in case!

That is what Malcolm was telling me about Conoflex, and the last one of the Red Dragon model, so that's why I just HAD to have it :lol:
Like you say though, it's a sad day for the industry

Return to “The Rod Room”