Akios AirSpeed Surf 435 Continental Rod

We'd love to hear what you have to say about your rods
Godders123
Front Page Meister

Re: Akios AirSpeed Surf 435 Continental Rod

Postby Godders123 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:20 pm

I've just added a video to my original post above for anyone who is interested in the action and performance of this rod. :thumbsup:
Graham

2017 Species [21]: Flounder, Conger, Bull Huss, Codling, Whiting, Dab, Dogfish, Plaice, Mackerel, Ballan Wrasse, Pollack, Smoothhound, Thornie, Eel, Sole, Bass, Garfish, Cuckoo Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Goldsinny Wrasse, LS Sea Scorpion

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:38 pm

A really nice rod.I saw a vid of someone blasting out 250gms without any bother. :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

davie495
Obsessed Poster

Postby davie495 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:58 pm

Nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stu

2017:[23] Whiting, Dab, Cod, Plaice, Flounder, Smooth-Hound, Thornback, Bull Huss, Black Bream, Lesser Weaver, Greater Weaver, Pouting, Poor Cod, Tompot Blenny, Rock Goby, LSD, Mackerel, Gurnard, Pollock, Tope, Ballan, Mackerel, Cuckoo

2016:[14]

Godders123
Front Page Meister

Postby Godders123 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:33 pm

Stu, I can't make the match now unfortunately...I'm going to watch Liverpool give up a 3-1 lead again at Anfield! :doh:

The Akios AirSpeed Surf arrives tomorrow. I can meet up with you on Sat if you want to try it out during the match. I have an Akios Scora with 30lb braid to strap onto it too if you like. Just let me know and either I can bring it over to you or arrange to meet up somewhere.

:thumbsup:
Graham

2017 Species [21]: Flounder, Conger, Bull Huss, Codling, Whiting, Dab, Dogfish, Plaice, Mackerel, Ballan Wrasse, Pollack, Smoothhound, Thornie, Eel, Sole, Bass, Garfish, Cuckoo Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Goldsinny Wrasse, LS Sea Scorpion

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

merseyboy
Obsessed Poster

Postby merseyboy » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:11 pm

Godders123 wrote:Stu, I can't make the match now unfortunately...I'm going to watch Liverpool give up a 3-1 lead again at Anfield! :doh:

The Akios AirSpeed Surf arrives tomorrow. I can meet up with you on Sat if you want to try it out during the match. I have an Akios Scora with 30lb braid to strap onto it too if you like. Just let me know and either I can bring it over to you or arrange to meet up somewhere.

:thumbsup:

I had a look at this rod earlier today in the shop. Nicely finished with a soft tip, think the match guys will like it a lot. Enjoy yours Graham.. :thumbsup:

davie495
Obsessed Poster

Postby davie495 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:24 pm

Sent you a text Gray.

Stu

2017:[23] Whiting, Dab, Cod, Plaice, Flounder, Smooth-Hound, Thornback, Bull Huss, Black Bream, Lesser Weaver, Greater Weaver, Pouting, Poor Cod, Tompot Blenny, Rock Goby, LSD, Mackerel, Gurnard, Pollock, Tope, Ballan, Mackerel, Cuckoo

Godders123
Front Page Meister

Postby Godders123 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:17 pm

davie495 wrote:Sent you a text Gray.

See you Thursday Stu :thumbsup:
Graham

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

dinglecodcatcher
Obsessed Poster

Postby dinglecodcatcher » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:45 am

I tested my pair at the match on Sunday as some of you may know about. The rod it's self is a cracking piece of kit. With a standard overhead thump my 4oz pyramid went to the horizon with little effort attached to 14lb mono and shockleader on a Shimano Ultegra 10000 as Stuart can witness. It can certainly chuck a lead a loooong way! It held its own in a 9m+ Mersey tide with bite detection still visible at distance and with the fast flowing river. At short range with little flow the tip was wrapping around as the whiting and codling hit the baits. It is quite tippy at the top but my Yuki Q6 was worse and didn't cope as good in the fast flow. It's tough at the bottom end with plenty of power through the middle. My overall thoughts of the rod is I love it. The finish is also lovely with quality guides and reel seat plus the counter balance weights to use when using certain reels. It's really well balanced. Just need to get out again to use them. Can't wait :love: :love: :love:

Flounder, Dab, Cod, Whiting, Dogfish, Octopus, Thornback Ray, Bass, Smoothie

davie495
Obsessed Poster

Postby davie495 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:02 am

Have to agree Mr Welsh, it flew with just an over head thump. Felt light, but very solid and easy to handle. Very nice bit of merch indeed.

Stu

Patriot
Super Poster

Postby Patriot » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:39 pm

OK, so now the proud owner of one of these

So with the casting weights in the base of the rod, what specifically are they are and is there a recommended setup?

I know Ian has a couple of rods - one/two or all three weights inserted?
Only here for the cod!

davie495
Obsessed Poster

Postby davie495 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:27 pm

100 - 200 is the rating. Fine with 5oz. Have cast 6. I leave all 3 inserted as use with a shimano. 14000 xsc. Only time it struggles is when there is uber weed in the flow.

Stu

davie495
Obsessed Poster

Postby davie495 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:27 pm

You won't be disappointed. Especially if you bag a smut!!!

Stu

Patriot
Super Poster

Postby Patriot » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:18 am

Thanks Davie

It's not as much the lead on the rig, more the weights in the base of the rod

OK, so i have several reels i may use with it

An Akios Scora fixed spool

And Akios multiplier(s) - (this is the first rod with a reel seat that I've managed to fit an Akios multiplier - normally have to use coasters)

So for these weights in the base of the rod, would i use different configurations depending on whether i use FS or multi?

I'm gonna give it a try with both and muck about with the weights this weekend, just trying to get a feel for what may be best
Only here for the cod!

Ranny715
Super Poster

Postby Ranny715 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:18 am

Also picked up one of these last week. Hope to give it a bash at Talacre sometime this week.

Ranny715
Super Poster

Postby Ranny715 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:49 pm

Used the Airspeed at Talacre on Sunday with a Shimano ci14 14000. Great combination. Unfortunately no fish this time but handled casting big crab baits very well and sat in the tide beautifully. Looking forward to using it again.

Return to “The Rod Room”