Porthmadog......next week 11th Sept.....help!!

Discuss our sport, tell us where your going fishing, and then tell us what you caught.
seaangler
Obsessed Poster

Porthmadog......next week 11th Sept.....help!!

Postby seaangler » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:33 pm

I am heading over to Porthmadog for a week on Monday 11th September

Has anyone got a rough idea of where to fish for Bass / rays etc within the area??

I have done some research and the Powder House and Borth y Gest seem to come up alot on the Welsh forums..

I am also looking at fishing Gimblet rock in Phwehlli as well.....anyone done well there? if so any help on tactics and bait would be appreciated

Would be grateful if anyone can help me out :thumbsup:

Ben
If people concentrated on the REALLY important things in life....... There would be a shortage of fishing rods and reels

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Re: Porthmadog......next week 11th Sept.....help!!

Postby Big Kev » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:45 pm

Our Mike (Paramedic) should be able to help if you send him a message as he`s an out n out bass hunter and does very well down that way.....seen reports on FB lately showing lots of schoolies on lures from Cricceth off the wall/harbour.
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod

wobbler72
Obsessed Poster

Re: Porthmadog......next week 11th Sept.....help!!

Postby wobbler72 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:12 pm

Hi Buddy

Long time since I've fished the Powder House and Samson's Bay. The gullies and channels around there change all the time. Lug would be the bait into the channels over low. Early morning or late evening is best but make sure you watch the time, tides and gullies. It comes in VERY fast around there.

Best chance of a ray is on the West side of Criccieth Castle, Abererch or Gimblet.

If you're lure fishing, there are lots of Basslets and small schoolies around the Castle, or Pwllheli marina mouth over low.

Btw, you could do a lot worse than nip into Criccieth Tacklebox and speak to Russ for the latest updates, bate and lures

Hth

Kev
Kev

Return to “Sea Fishing and Venue Questions”