Mariners parking

Discuss our sport, tell us where your going fishing, and then tell us what you caught.
vambo49

Mariners parking

Postby vambo49 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:53 am

Can anyone clarify the situation with the no parking signs that have appeared at mariners wharf please? Is this another venue we have lost?

jon14hil

Re: Mariners parking

Postby jon14hil » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:42 pm

As far as I have been able to ascertain the no parking is enforced on all road ways with the estate the only parking available is the pay and display by the Marina restaurant or the bull nose circle by the lock gates. This has been introduced not because of anglers but because of the residents of the Keel who couldn't be arrissed to use the car park parking up along the pavement on Princes Parade.

vambo49

Postby vambo49 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:47 pm

Cheers. Hopefully we can still park at the bulldoze...although there are signs there too...here's hoping

Milligan
Regular Poster

Postby Milligan » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:45 am

If you read the signs, they apply only to people parking on the cobbled areas, and yellow lined areas, and other areas not on the road,footpaths etc..... no mention of dedicated marked parking areas at all.I was there last week, parked for 6 hrs on the bullnose area, no problems at all, several cars were there for much longer , they were parked before I arrived, and were still there when I left.

Just a point, while I was there the Police arrived, and were busy recovering a stolen VW Golf that had been dumped there overnight, so maybe a good idea if you park to make sure everything is locked , secure and any valuables out of sight.

BTW, didnt catch anything either, not a sniff.

Millsy

vambo49

Postby vambo49 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:39 pm

Nice one.....was there myself last week with no problems...caught a nice Raymond and the smallest whiting known to man(all of an inch n a half)....just thought I'd try n get some information on the parking :thumbsup:

seaangler
Obsessed Poster

Postby seaangler » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:11 pm

Hi Mate.

I was last at Mariners on 5th August this year.

2 cars got ticketed (£100) because they were parked outside the bays of the semi circle parking area at the top by where everyone normally fishes.

I did ask him if you would get a ticket if parked in the normal bays and he said no....only if your outside parked outside, as this is classed as private land.

A new sign has been erected on the lamp post

Hope this helps
If people concentrated on the REALLY important things in life....... There would be a shortage of fishing rods and reels

Return to “Sea Fishing and Venue Questions”