Connah's Quay?

Discuss our sport, tell us where your going fishing, and then tell us what you caught.
Dyl
Obsessed Poster

Connah's Quay?

Postby Dyl » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:45 am

I'm thinking of doing a session down the Quay in the next couple of week it's only a 15 min drive for me. I'm after some advice please :?: I'm after a flounder for the 2017 specimen league.
Is it best on a small tide?
Low tide? High tide?
Bait?
Area?
Rigs?
Any tips :help:
2017 Bass 2.7lbs / S Hound 11.8lbs
2018 Huss 9.15lbs :doh:

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Re: Connah's Quay?

Postby Big Kev » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:07 pm

Some info HERE...at the end of the wall you will find a comfortable sloping grass bank to fish from if you prefer...
I`m hardly an expert on the place,but seems to fish best on neap tides,given the depth/narrowness of the channel,the flow will be very strong on bigger tides....periods of rain will ruin sport and bring lots of weed down from the hills...all manner of baits will work with simple rigs....exact tide times are a bit of an enigma with the venue being so far up the estuary,but This Site seems good to me....i`d opt for fishing mid flood to mid ebb.
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound

Dyl
Obsessed Poster

Postby Dyl » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:44 pm

Cheers Kev :thumbsup:
2017 Bass 2.7lbs / S Hound 11.8lbs
2018 Huss 9.15lbs :doh:

willson
Super Poster

Postby willson » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:23 pm

Few of the locals swear rag will out fish anything. I've been told an hour either side of high is best. But yet to test the theory.

Trishy
Obsessed Poster

Postby Trishy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:04 pm

Hello mate , fished there quite a few times, great venue . Id fish it on the smaller tides up to high and down an hour or two. just as you get onto the grass section there is a small slipway that fishes well and if you carry on walking up river you come to a small stream. That area also fishes well. Like any estuary heavy amounts of rainfall do affect it , so i'd chose to fish it after a 3-4 dry days. The mud at the top of the sandy banks can be slippy so take care. This time of year i would go with rag and mackerel, later on in the year crab can fish well . creeper can fish very well , but if you struggle to get them you can always use bunches of lobworm or dendrabeanas that the freshwater anglers use .Hope this helps.

Return to “Sea Fishing and Venue Questions”