Vale Park advice ?

Discuss our sport, tell us where your going fishing, and then tell us what you caught.
Milligan
Regular Poster

Vale Park advice ?

Postby Milligan » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:04 pm

Hi everybody, not sure where to put this so I thought on here, if its the wrong place maybe a mod could move it for me?

I have a trip to arrange for Friday 30th for a couple of lads fairly new to beach fishing,another chap who is not as mobile as he could be will be along as well, so getting to a beach mark is problematical for him atm.The the main thing will be to get a couple of fish under their belts I thought that Vale Park would fit the bill, maybe a few flats or whiting about hopefully, or even a Codlet or two.

I have been looking at the various reports, advice etc on here re Vale Park , and have eventually more or less decided on the below, subject of course to any other advice given by somebody with local knowledge . I was thinking of fishing somewhere near Maddocks Rd,

High is at 11.40 am, its a 9.11 m tide,( 29.9 ft in English) , so I estimate that getting to the prom at about 08.00am- 0830 am will see the tide just about right for fishing without needing to go onto the beach, then fishing it up and maybe a couple of hours down all from the prom.
Main question is, am I right, or would I be better arriving a bit later , oh , and is there a lot of tidal pull, will 5 or 6 oz grip leads be adequate ?

I have been scanning all the info on the site and hope that I have more or less got it right.
After my last tackle losses at Otterspool I thought that Vale Park may be better for somebody new to beach fishing.

Thanks for any advice or alternative suggestions.

Spike.

daley12
Obsessed Poster

Re: Vale Park advice ?

Postby daley12 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:16 pm

vale park over high is a decent mark although rough ground close in could lead to tackle losses .tbh i would take them to the town hall prom get there before the water hits the wall to see the lay of the land its rougher ground to the right of the town hall as you look across the river .fish just short of this on the sand you should be ok .no need for huge casts as there is a fair pull of tide . the ebb tide fishes best and a very good chance of codling here .dabs and whiting too .very unusual to blank here.

daley12
Obsessed Poster

Postby daley12 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:20 pm

6 ounce leads should hold cast uptide let a bow out before tightening if the runs too strong on the flood move more towards town hall itself the better fishing is on the ebb.

Godders123
Front Page Meister

Postby Godders123 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:46 pm

Yep, follow what Dale has mentioned and you won't go far wrong :thumbsup:
Graham

2017 Species [21]: Flounder, Conger, Bull Huss, Codling, Whiting, Dab, Dogfish, Plaice, Mackerel, Ballan Wrasse, Pollack, Smoothhound, Thornie, Eel, Sole, Bass, Garfish, Cuckoo Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Goldsinny Wrasse, LS Sea Scorpion

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

Return to “Sea Fishing and Venue Questions”